• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Diamondbacks could be good fit for Trumbo

Chuck

Arizona isn't stupid.  They know pitching is a premium and they know they can ask whatever they want and the Angels will be forced to pay it, just like the Cards did with Freese.  There weren't any other 3B FA options so Dipoto had to overpay.  

If the Angels want Cahill and Skaggs, it'll cost Trumbo, Lindsey, Austin Wood, Reid Scoggins and Morin.

Yeah that's overshooting the price by about half a mile and ridiculously one sided but again, what other choice do the Angels have?

The Diamondbacks need a good compliment guy to Goldy in the lineup for RBI's and HR's.

Cahill had a sub-par season in 2013 and Skaggs got knocked around as well. Based on the Diamondbacks past two shitty trades, I can see Towers doing something like this.

Great. So Cahill can have a sub-par 2014 with us and Skaggs can get knocked around in Anaheim. Well, they're better than Hanson and Blanton, so why not?

Edited by fan_since79

How about offer Trumbo for Cahill and Skaggs? The Diamondbacks are said to be shopping Cahill whose salary is jumping to 8 million dollars this next season. I think Cahill, Skaggs and Richards would give us a younger rotation, and a solid three after Weaver/Wilson. Trumbo could play RF for the Diamondbacks and replace the power they lost after dealing Justin Upton. Thoughts?

According to FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal, the A's and Diamondbacks discussed a Yoenis Cespedes trade.

The return package for Oakland would have included pitcher Tyler Skaggs and outfielder A.J. Pollock, but the two sides couldn't agree to the other elements of the deal and it has now been called off. Arizona is clearly searching for a power bat this offseason. The A's have loaded up in recent days and seem unlikely to move any high-impact parts.

Their current rotation if that type of trade went through...The Diamondbacks would have to sign another arm, but they get a big bat for the next two seasons.

1. Patrick Corbin   2. Trevor Cahill   3. Wade Miley   4. Brandon McCarthy   5. Randall Delgado

I wouldn't do it if I were either team.

Cahill is still walking too many guys and there's no dh in the NL

If I might disagree with our fearless leader, a trade of Kendrick and a piece or two for Skaggs and Cahill ( or maybe something like Skaggs and Gregorious) might be more in line with the value of the perspective pieces. Thought I must admit that every time I watch Cahill, the dude is lights out-- and because of this I have an unnaturally high opinion of him.

HA! What do you think the chances we can land Cahill and Skaggs Chuck? Do you think we will need to include another piece with Trumbo?

I think another piece would have to be added, like a Zach Borenstein type. They're pretty short on prospect outfielders in their system, so it would seem to be a good fit.

Nick Piecoro ‏@nickpiecoro 10h

Source: Dbacks made strong push for Carlos Beltran, who is headed to Yankees. Dbacks also offered three years but were north of $45M.

Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick 5m

#Dbacks tried to stretch their budget with Beltran, according to @nickpiecoro. It'll be interesting to see what they do now.

Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick 4m

Kevin Towers wants a corner OF with power, but Nelson Cruz doesn't seem like a fit there for a bunch of reasons. #dbacks