• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Diamondbacks could be good fit for Trumbo

Chuck

How about offer Trumbo for Cahill and Skaggs? The Diamondbacks are said to be shopping Cahill whose salary is jumping to 8 million dollars this next season. I think Cahill, Skaggs and Richards would give us a younger rotation, and a solid three after Weaver/Wilson. Trumbo could play RF for the Diamondbacks and replace the power they lost after dealing Justin Upton. Thoughts?

According to FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal, the A's and Diamondbacks discussed a Yoenis Cespedes trade.

The return package for Oakland would have included pitcher Tyler Skaggs and outfielder A.J. Pollock, but the two sides couldn't agree to the other elements of the deal and it has now been called off. Arizona is clearly searching for a power bat this offseason. The A's have loaded up in recent days and seem unlikely to move any high-impact parts.

Their current rotation if that type of trade went through...The Diamondbacks would have to sign another arm, but they get a big bat for the next two seasons.

1. Patrick Corbin   2. Trevor Cahill   3. Wade Miley   4. Brandon McCarthy   5. Randall Delgado

It would not be fun seeing Skaggs on the A's.  If Trumbo can't be included in a deal for Price, I would think that this trade would be a good runner up.  If the Dbacks would do that deal, Dipoto should pull the trigger.  Many here did not like the fact Skaggs was included for Haren so this would be a way to get him back.  I am still angry that Dipoto traded away Segura and I made that fact evident and many here told me he wouldn't amount to much but I still stand by the fact that I wanted him to replace Aybar at short.  Anyway, if the new posting for Tanaka is accepted, the Angels have a real shot at getting him.  If they did in fact get Tanaka and trade for Cahill and Skaggs, their rotation would be much better.  Trubmo's value seems to be all over the place so if he does in fact get traded, getting 2 good, young SP would be a win.

A #3 starting pitcher, a high prospect minor league pitcher all for the 5th worst on base percentage in baseball. This is a fantasy baseball trade?

The Diamondbacks need a good compliment guy to Goldy in the lineup for RBI's and HR's.

Cahill had a sub-par season in 2013 and Skaggs got knocked around as well. Based on the Diamondbacks past two shitty trades, I can see Towers doing something like this.

How about offer Trumbo for Cahill and Skaggs? The Diamondbacks are said to be shopping Cahill whose salary is jumping to 8 million dollars this next season. I think Cahill, Skaggs and Richards would give us a younger rotation, and a solid three after Weaver/Wilson. Trumbo could play RF for the Diamondbacks and replace the power they lost after dealing Justin Upton. Thoughts?

According to FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal, the A's and Diamondbacks discussed a Yoenis Cespedes trade.

The return package for Oakland would have included pitcher Tyler Skaggs and outfielder A.J. Pollock, but the two sides couldn't agree to the other elements of the deal and it has now been called off. Arizona is clearly searching for a power bat this offseason. The A's have loaded up in recent days and seem unlikely to move any high-impact parts.

Their current rotation if that type of trade went through...The Diamondbacks would have to sign another arm, but they get a big bat for the next two seasons.

1. Patrick Corbin   2. Trevor Cahill   3. Wade Miley   4. Brandon McCarthy   5. Randall Delgado

Probably one of the more realistic trade ideas I've seen on the boards this WINTER that I LIKE!

I don't think it is a crazy trade proposal.  Cahill is a #4 in the AL, and I believe under club control for fewer years than Trumbo (though I could be wrong on that).  And while Skaggs was once a great prospect, he had a very rough year.

But I don't think the D-Backs would do that deal.  We'd have to include more, perhaps another power bat like Grichuk.  Oh never mind. 

I don't think it is a crazy trade proposal.  Cahill is a #4 in the AL, and I believe under club control for fewer years than Trumbo (though I could be wrong on that).  And while Skaggs was once a great prospect, he had a very rough year.

But I don't think the D-Backs would do that deal.  We'd have to include more, perhaps another power bat like Grichuk.  Oh never mind. 

Well, we could add Borenstein. :)

But then we wouldn't have Fernando Salas, and then where would we be!

I would toss in a Grichuck type player. Skaggs had a bad season but his minor league track record says isolated occurance. His BB per 9 jumped and his WHIP was way out of character for him. The Angels would be stealers not just dealers in any trade for Trumbo that netted that package.

Edited by Mudville

Trumbo for Skaggs straight up

Sign Tanaka

Sign Youkilis to a deal similar to Konerko (1 year 2.5 million)

1. Trout CF

2. Calhoun RF

3. Pujols DH

4. Hamilton LF

5. Kendrick 2b

6. Freese 3b

7. Aybar SS

8. Youkilis 1b

9. Conger C

1. Weaver

2. Wilson

3. Tanaka

4. Richards

5. Skaggs

So, oddly enough, I was playing around with an Arizona-Angels-Rays trade earlier today but I scrapped it. Cahill's contract is fairly significant over the next four years ($46,200,000) and based on his projected WAR gives him some surplus value but not a terribly high amount. Cahill plus ? would be an approximate fair trade for Trumbo value wise.

Trevor Cahill plus Andrew Chafin (AA, LHP) would be close in value for Trumbo. If you could squeeze more juice out of the D-back's lemon you might pick up another prospect like Chris Owings (MLB, RHH SS), Matt Stites (AA, RHP) or Stryker Trahan (R, LHH C).

Picking up someone like Owings would allow you trade Aybar and platoon Romine (LHH) and Owings (RHH) without losing any defense and maintaining the approximate offense that Aybar gave you.

Ideally though I'd rather see a straight-up trade of Trumbo for Archie Bradley. That would make me very happy.

Edited by ettin

So, oddly enough, I was playing around with an Arizona-Angels-Rays trade earlier today but I scrapped it. Cahill's contract is fairly significant over the next four years ($46,200,000) and based on his projected WAR gives him some surplus value but not a terribly high amount.

2 of those years are team options, with fairly minimal buyouts, though.