• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

need puppy name

Jay

Yeller.

Chris

Jax.

Drew

The best dog in the history of dogs was mine for twelve years. His name was Sam. His life and passing were a huge part of my life. Sam is the reason Stradling decided to get a dog. I am welling up just thinking about him. But I wouldn't give up those twelve years (84 in dog years) for anything. Sounds silly I know but he was a metaphor for so many others that I never grieved for properly. I will stop before I bring this thread down. Have a blast with your dog whatever you decide to name him.

My brother had a mutt he called Bootsy. So when we adopted a mutt we called him Atom since he was the true atomic dog. The hardest thing I've ever done as a dad was explain to my 6 year old angel that Atom, her protector and bedtime companion, was never sleeping at the foot of her bed again.

Dogs respond better to names that are simple and sound like a single command. Put multiple syllables together and they get confused as to what you are saying. All the extra sounds are just for you, not them so when you are calling them they respond to the first thing they hear. If the name is complex they may just ignore you altogether.

Try making sounds that are sharp and clear when you yell them because you know they are going to bolt down the street if they get out and need a sharp command to get their attention. Soft consonants or syllables fall on deaf ears for dogs.

High pitched sounds are happy sounds, you hear women talk baby talk to puppies all the time in that upper octave fingernails on a chalkboard sound and the mutts lap it up. Names that sound like you are happy with your dog makes them happy. Golden Retrievers love to be happy so don't go baritone with the name like wolf or boomer. It shouldn't sound like a bark or intimidating to them.

Love this puppy to death, never hit it with your hand, never make any punishment protracted or delayed they have zero memory for doing something wrong 5 minutes after the fact. And for God's sake never, ever, ever think they want to be a vegetarian.

Is this why my parent's dogs never respond when their name's are called? Their name's are Piccolo and melody.

It's most likely cause they're retarded asshole pekingese though.

Edited by Poozy

Yeller.

Chris

Jax.

Drew

The best dog in the history of dogs was mine for twelve years. His name was Sam. His life and passing were a huge part of my life. Sam is the reason Stradling decided to get a dog. I am welling up just thinking about him. But I wouldn't give up those twelve years (84 in dog years) for anything. Sounds silly I know but he was a metaphor for so many others that I never grieved for properly. I will stop before I bring this thread down. Have a blast with your dog whatever you decide to name him.

It's a great name...we've had two Samanthas.

The Aussie in my profile pic is named Opie after Opie Taylor in the Andy Griffith show. I had a dalmation named Gracie, a schnauzer named Douglas and a mutt named Krypto (Superman's dog).

I can't imagine my life without a dog. When Gracie passed away I was crushed and felt so empty that it was only a matter of weeks before I found Opie. Dogs are really amazing companions.

I read somewhere that names ending with the long E sound are best for dogs because it ends on a happy sound and with a punch.

Scioscia must be really great with dog names.