• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ellsbury closes deal with Yankees at 7yrs/$153mil

Richard

7/153m for a year for a guy who hit a whopping .298 with 9 hr's.   Wtf?  I really dont get it.

I guess he's a bargain compared to Hamilton.

The injury concern is the biggest issue with the deal.

He was rated the best baserunner and 4th best defensive center fielder last year and is a career above average hitter. I think the deal is just fine personally. 

7/153m for a year for a guy who hit a whopping .298 with 9 hr's.   Wtf?  I really dont get it.

I guess he's a bargain compared to Hamilton.

most of his value is in his defense, baserunning and leadoff ability.    Not power.

The reality is he is one of the best outfielders in baseball.   Right now.  When he is healthy.    We'll see how this looks in 2017

Cano to the M's rumor?? LOL!!

I'd love to see Cano sign with the M's (chances of that are probably less than nil).

For were Cano to sign with the M's -- he would likely follow in the path of almost every high priced big F/A signing the M's have made over the last decade plus --

a complete career dive as a total bust in Seattle.

Look at the players they've signed and how they've flopped. 

the only F/A (and this guy is really in a different category as a F/A) who really worked out for them was Ichiro and his F/A situation was a different situation when he came over from Japan.

But if Cano winds up in Seattle he could follow guys like Beltre, Figgins, and others went to Seattle and just bombed.  (Jeff Weaver got a big pay day up there for not much production).