• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would you do: Howie Kendrick for Jeff Samardzija?

Chuck

not a fan of the guy.  Seems very inconsistent.  Kind of Santanaesque. 

That said, even if the cubs were big on Howie, don't think he alone would be enough to get him considering what it takes to get good pitching these days. 

I'm also a big Howie fan. 

If I were the cubs, I'd try to get prospects instead. 

They need to get a lower-tier quality starter and also a pitching prospect for Kendrick.

I had proposed a trade of him to the Orioles and Blue Jays, but would anyone trade Howie Kendrick and Joe Blanton for Josh Beckett and one of Zach Lee / Matt Magill / Chris Anderson or Chris Reed. Or one of those prospects, Chad Billingsley for Kendrick and Lucho?

The Dodgers signed Alexander Guerrero, but they still have a spot in the infield to fill, with Uribe not likely to come back. Guerrero is projected as a second baseman, but he may also be a SS or a third baseman, and Ramirez could play either SS where he prefers, or 3B, where he is better suited. Guerrero is an unknown, and on a team with championship aspirations, you can't go into the season with any unknown position players, let alone two spots.

The Angels by contrast do not currently have any position player spots where they don't know who is likely to be the main guy. They have rotation problems they need to address, so a trade between two LA rivals does help them both.