• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Official Website: Meetings on horizon, Angels seeking starting pitching

ANAHEIM -- No, Jerry Dipoto has not forgotten about the starting pitching. It's just, well, complicated. Prices for free-agent hurlers haven't really gone down and trade partners aren't readily available, so in the meantime, the Angels' general manager has addressed the bullpen and third base, scratching off the easier stuff in order to clear a path for the offseason's most complex scenario.

In six days, the four-day Winter Meetings should bring a lot more clarity.

"There's still a lot of offseason left for us to address the other issues we feel are out there for us," Dipoto said. "Clearly, we're headed into the Winter Meetings with a need to improve our starting pitching, and we'll keep an eye toward that. There's no rush. There's a lot of days left."

Why would we be interested in a starter that was better than anybody on our staff?

Frustrating. I may need to unplug and hope for the best, lean on my Seahawks glorious run so I don't get stressed out with the waiting game and constant negativity whenever another team does something, we don't, and our fans riot on the board.

I will continue to hope with a pessimistic attitude. 

Sign who? Besides Tanaka what FA pitcher out there can make a huge impact? Jiminez or Colon would be great. Garza and others look terrible to me. 

Trade who for what? With PB gone and no farm system Trumbo is essentially our only chip. (I don't think Aybar/Kendrick have a great value with their contracts, maybe for a prospect but not a major league ready SP) 

So trade our inexpensive power threat for a #4 or #5 type SP pitcher?

We will see

I will continue to hope with a pessimistic attitude. 

Sign who? Besides Tanaka what FA pitcher out there can make a huge impact? Jiminez or Colon would be great. Garza and others look terrible to me. 

Trade who for what? With PB gone and no farm system Trumbo is essentially our only chip. (I don't think Aybar/Kendrick have a great value with their contracts, maybe for a prospect but not a major league ready SP) 

So trade our inexpensive power threat for a #4 or #5 type SP pitcher?

We will see

As Chuck pointed out the other day, 7 straight seasons with sub-4 ERA from Garza. That's not terrible.

Why do people here act like they know what Colon wants?  What if he is seeking a 2 year 35 million dollar deal?  You want the Angels to sign him at any cost?  Until we actually know what he wants, or any SP for that matter, why complain and whine that Dipoto is not doing his job and calling him names?  As we all know, the contracts have been for A LOT more than anyone anticipated so let's just wait and see people.  Sheesh.

Because right now we are still not a very good team?  Because every FA signing that happens and every trade that happens is one less opportunity for us to get better.

Is it silly to write off the season?  Of course, but almost nobody is doing so.  We don't know what has been asked for, but it really doesn't matter does it?  Regardless we are going to have to bite the bullet if we want to get the pitching we need.