• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jerome Williams non-tendered

Scott34

So they tender Jespen and don't tender Jerome.

Sigh.  I really don't like Dipoto.

Regardless, best of everything to Jerome, one of the classiest, most easy guys to root for.

Jerome would have gotten over 4 million.  Jepsen will get at most 1 million.

Angels needed to do this and I am glad they did.  Jerome is worth league minimum at most.

If Trumbo and Kendrick are now apparently staying, and Williams was non-tendered, if Tanaka and/or Garza aren't brought in, who the ^\#~> h_ll are the 4th/5th starters?

Watch Dipoto deal Morin, Borenstein, Sappington, Rondon, and Hunter Green for a pair of age 30+ pitchers in decline.

Outside of the Smith signing, has Dipoto done ANYTHING to warrant confidence?

Edited by Angel Oracle

The guy we got from the Cardinals in the Freese trade.

There are plenty of 4A FA's out there we can sign for league minimum that can do what Jerome did for us.

People are just attached to him because he was nice to AW.  No way he was worth 4.5 million.  Especially when we need to find two starting pitchers.

Salas hasn't been a long relief guy before has he?  You may be right with your second point, but please don't try to compare him with Jepsen, who couldn't hold Jerome's jock in the heart department.

If Jerome can sign a deal to start with another club for 4/5 million than more power to him.  Better for him anyways. 

I don't get the heart department comment.

Salas is a long relief guy.

In many ways Jepsen is a late inning relief version of Jerome.  He has mixed some good with mostly mediocre and bad.  He costs 1/4 of what Jerome was going to get and we are still thin with relievers.  Jepsen also has options left.

The guy we got from the Cardinals in the Freese trade.

There are plenty of 4A FA's out there we can sign for league minimum that can do what Jerome did for us.

People are just attached to him because he was nice to AW.  No way he was worth 4.5 million.  Especially when we need to find two starting pitchers.

Fernando Salas has historically been a one inning pitcher.   I don't disagree that there are AAAA types out there that could fill a role on this team -- but do you really have any faith in the current front office finding them?   Not much of a track record there from Dipoto and company.

I don't believe Dipoto can make a move without either hurting the teams payroll flexibity beyond this season or making the current team weaker.  To date his best moves have been to hold on to the pieces this team already had. 

Edited by Inside Pitch