• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Update on posting system

SoWhat

I'm going to laugh in four years when Blanton reappears and pitches well for a team, then have AO bitch at Butcher for not figuring him out.

He'll go back to Oakland where it all began and probably dominate for them

I'm already looking forward to AO's posts about Kazmir this season when he's putting up a 3.30 ERA for Oakland and K'ing 180 batters

I hear the Japanese team that Tanaka currently is on will probably pass on the 20 million and keep him now.

Makes sense. Why would they post him less than one year before reaches free agency in the NPB?

He is a financial asset for them. Might as maximize value out of him until the offseason before his last year of club control if the transfer is capped.

I really hope they make a strong push to acquire Tanaka, if they even decide to post him now.

Hopefully a 6 / 135 would be enough to get it done. It's a huge gamble not knowing how he will pitch in MLB, but could be well worth it if he's anything like Darvish. On the other hand, he could be terrible like Dice-K.

MLB, NPB Reach Agreement On Posting System

The Times report says the final details are being ironed out, but Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports spoke with a source who told him that if multiple teams submit the same bid, the player will be allowed to negotiate with all of those clubs

MLB fully expects Rakuten Golden Eagles ace Masahiro Tanaka to be posted, Rosenthal adds (All Twitter links).

Grats on becoming a Skank or a Doggie.

Some places are reporting that Rakuten will indeed post him, others saying the opposite.   

Regardless -- If the Yankees sign him they would go over the cap.  The Dodgers have shown little regard for the cap.   Basically, any and every team that is capable of spending 15+ mil per year on a pitcher would be in play for his services.

I have a hard time seeing anyone outbidding LA.

I still have a feeling Arte is willing to go all in. Yes it will cost a shit ton of money and put the team over the tax but honestly what else can he do? Garza is going to likely do the same thing and he is 5 years older. Price is going to deplete our future.

I could be wrong and if I am I won't blame Arte for not wanting to spend 100+ million on what is essentially a prospect, I just feel like Tanaka is Plan A and has been all along.

I still have a feeling Arte is willing to go all in. Yes it will cost a shit ton of money and put the team over the tax but honestly what else can he do? Garza is going to likely do the same thing and he is 5 years older. Price is going to deplete our future.

I could be wrong and if I am I won't blame Arte for not wanting to spend 100+ million on what is essentially a prospect, I just feel like Tanaka is Plan A and has been all along.

If he's going to go all in on Tanaka, and go over the tax.  Maybe he should have gone all in after the season ended, and re-signed Vargas and Williams to make the team that much more complete.  

Going all in and signing Tanaka now, would still mean Blanton is the 5th starter, and we have no depth beyond that in starting pitching.  

So MLB once again favors a plan that will lead to teams spending more on a player than they should.  Who would have guessed that?

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't offer a guy who has never pitched in the big leagues 20 million a year.  That just seems stupid.

Finally, if Tanaka ends up not posting, Garza's price just went up!

If he's going to go all in on Tanaka, and go over the tax.  Maybe he should have gone all in after the season ended, and re-signed Vargas and Williams to make the team that much more complete.  

Going all in and signing Tanaka now, would still mean Blanton is the 5th starter, and we have no depth beyond that in starting pitching.  

Well yeah if no more moves are made. That's unlikely to be the case though. The Angels need 2 starters.

Garza's price is going up regardless if Tanaka is posted or not.

When guys like Feldman are asking 3/ 30, and rumors of 120+ for Tanaka are out there, Garza can just sit back and watch his stock soar.

So MLB once again favors a plan that will lead to teams spending more on a player than they should.  Who would have guessed that?

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't offer a guy who has never pitched in the big leagues 20 million a year.  That just seems stupid.

How much would you offer a guy that's never pitched out of high school?

Rakuten Golden Eagles May Not Post Masahiro Tanaka
By Steve Adams [December 5 at 12:00pm CST]

Rakuten Golden Eagles president Yozo Tachibana addressed the Japanese media today and indicated that the team may not necessarily post Masahiro Tanaka in light of the new posting system's $20MM maximum bid, according to a report from Sponichi (Japanese link).Dylan Hernandez of the L.A. Times elaborates in his most recent article and offers translated quotes from Tachibana.

"There's a possibility we won't take the next step," said Tachibana. As Newsday's David Lennon noted on Twitter today, the Golden Eagles may think that retaining Tanaka is more valuable than the $20MM maximum posting fee, which is a mere fraction of the $75MM+ posting fee that was rumored under the old system.

Hernandez notes that the Golden Eagles will be under "immense public pressure" to post Tanaka despite the new rules. That wouldn't guarantee anything, however. Tanaka failing to hit the market after this long, drawn out process would be a major impact to interested teams who are now dreaming of their increased chances to land the highly touted ace. The Yankees have been prioritizing Tanaka but would have to turn elsewhere to fill out a rotation in need of a significant boost.

Should Tanaka stay in Japan, the cases for Ervin SantanaMatt Garza and Ubaldo Jimenez would only be strengthened, as their primary competition would be off the market