• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would You Be Happy If The Angels Signed Colon & Arroyo?

VariousCrap

Colon & Arroyo  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy?

• Yes
    • No

Can't they do both? They could sign both of those guys for the short term, and trade one or more of them to get close to major league ready arms. Matter of fact that is probably the best possible solution mainly due to the fact you can probably get a better pitcher that happens to be a year or two away.

I was typing something up just like this but got gun shy. HA! It also gives Lindsay some time at AAA to see if he is major league ready in case we move HK at the deadline or next offseason.

No way.  Richards earned the 5th spot last year and he isn't getting any younger.  It is time for him to be in the starting rotation.

Here's my take on Richards: all in all he had a good season last year.  He was somewhat inconsistent, but that's to be expected from a young guy and from being yo-yo'd in and out of the rotation.  If the Angels had any depth whatsoever in SP, I'd be all for giving Richards that 5th spot.  But they have zero depth right now and the fact of the matter is Richards still has options and you can keep him stretched out in AAA until you need him (which they inevitably will), which is a luxury they need to take advantage of.

I mean you do sign Arroyo and Colon and Richards is your 5th - who goes in the rotation when someone gets hurt (which WILL happen because that is an OLD rotation).  Or what happens if Richards shits the bed, which is still very much a possibility?

We all would WW, but what I was saying is sign both of these guys, Colon and Arroyo and then move Trumbo or Aybar for very good, but maybe two years away starter, with a lot of upside.

I get going after young guys, but I think you have to get someone who can pitch in 2014.  They're obviously all-in right now, and Pujols and Hamilton are only getting older.  Can't afford to wait for someone to pan out 2-3 years down the road.

I get going after young guys, but I think you have to get someone who can pitch in 2014. They're obviously all-in right now, and Pujols and Hamilton are only getting older. Can't afford to wait for someone to pan out 2-3 years down the road.

Yep, that is why I said do both. Sign both of those veterans that can both pitch right now, and then you trade Aybar or Trumbo and get high ceiling arms that are two years away. To me it is the best of both worlds.

I'd be less than thrilled with Colon on a 2yr deal if necessary.  I'd prefer a 1 but not likely to happen in this market

Arroyo is a disaster waiting to happen imo.  Junk ball righty switching to the AL.  Gonna be 37 and likely to get a 3 yr deal.  Lots of red flags for me here. 

Yep, that is why I said do both. Sign both of those veterans that can both pitch right now, and then you trade Aybar or Trumbo and get high ceiling arms that are two years away. To me it is the best of both worlds.

I guess where you and I differ is that I would like to see them sign 2 veterans (Colon, Arroyo . .or others) and trade for a young but MLB-ready guy, not one who is still 2-3 years away.  I think they need to add at least 3 SP this offseason, but I guess I'm in the minority on that one. 

Has Arte ever signed a PED's guy?  (knowingly, don't say GMJ)

Arroyo looks like Hanson part 2.

I'm still hoping for a miracle like Price/Bailey/Tanaka, etc.  If we got one of those I could stomach Richards at #4 and Arroyo at #5. 

I guess where you and I differ is that I would like to see them sign 2 veterans (Colon, Arroyo . .or others) and trade for a young but MLB-ready guy, not one who is still 2-3 years away.  I think they need to add at least 3 SP this offseason, but I guess I'm in the minority on that one. 

I don't think you're in the minority. I happen to agree with you, but the pickings are getting slim. I don't want Arroyo at all and I am not for getting Colon for anything longer than a year plus option. The problem is that unless something happens quickly, these will be the two options left. I would prefer that not be the case.