• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would You Be Happy If The Angels Signed Colon & Arroyo?

VariousCrap

Colon & Arroyo  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy?

• Yes
    • No

For the length of the contracts that was listed.  Yes, I'd be ok with it.  You don't give up any draft picks.  Presumably, you would stay under the cap.  Offense got better this offseason with Freese.  Defense got a little bit worse with Freese.  And with Hamilton and Pujols, you are already limited in what you can do with payroll in the firstplace.  

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone here. A rotation of Weaver/Wilson/Colon/Arroyo/Richards sounds like a disaster waiting to happen to me.  And we would still have no depth! Did anyone learn anything from last year??

Only way I'd be happy with the pitching situation is if Dipoto manages to turn his remaining trade chips (Kendrick, Trumbo, Aybar) into a true #2 type starter.

Pretty close vote.

I agree with the poster who said that it would be a better rotation than what the Angels had last year, but I personally just don't like it.  Colon is only getting older and who knows when he will start pitching like the older guy he is.  IMO, Arroyo is a NL pitcher and would get lit-up in the AL.

I hope this doesn't happen, but I could see it occuring.

I agree with the poster who said that it would be a better rotation than what the Angels had last year, but I personally just don't like it.  

to me, it's probably a better rotation than what we ended up with last year, but I would feel the same going into the season as I did last year.  Which is to say, pretty damn iffy.

First of all I voted 'No'.

That would only be a marginal solution if we trade away one or more of Trumbo, Kendrick, and Aybar to acquire near-MLB ready pitching prospects that would be ready to pitch when one of our starters goes down due to injury. Alternatively we could simply DFA one of these guys when one of those pitching prospects is ready for the Majors (or we can no longer tolerate crappy performance from members of that rotation)..

No matter what happens we had better acquire two or more starting pitching prospects for near-future use.

I'd be OK with that as a worst-case scenario.  I would still like to see one or two of Kendrick, Trumbo, Aybar or Iannetta traded for young starting pitchers with #2 or higher upside.  Having a full rotation makes it possible to accept pitchers in the lower minors and less MLB-ready, which may appeal to other teams.

Worst case scenario, sure.

I just don't understand keeping Trumbo, Aybar AND Kendrick.

I feel this way. There's no reason why we can't trade Trumbo and possibly Aybar to get a pitcher. 

I would really want to just get Colon and find another pitcher who can be league average or possibly better. I know many people don't like Colon due to the age and PED's but if he produces results then I couldn't care less. 

Worst case scenario, sure.

I just don't understand keeping Trumbo, Aybar AND Kendrick.

Can't they do both? They could sign both of those guys for the short term, and trade one or more of them to get close to major league ready arms. Matter of fact that is probably the best possible solution mainly due to the fact you can probably get a better pitcher that happens to be a year or two away.

Can't they do both? They could sign both of those guys for the short term, and trade one or more of them to get close to major league ready arms. Matter of fact that is probably the best possible solution mainly due to the fact you can probably get a better pitcher that happens to be a year or two away.

depending of course on who the trade acquisition is, I think I'd be pretty happy with a Weaver/Wlison/#2-type trade acquisition/Colon/Arroyo.  Richards seems like the perfect guy to have as your 6th man, IMO.