• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thanks a lot Arte

Scott34

This is all speculation and you dont know the reality of the front office dynamics anymore than anyone else on this forum. There is no doubt that Arte is a hands on owner but there is little proof that he is pulling the trigger on deals that Dipoto did not want to happen. 

Except for Gammons reporting it.  Peter Gammons, the guy who knows everyone in baseball and has been in baseball for an eternity?

Except for Gammons reporting it.  Peter Gammons, the guy who knows everyone in baseball and has been in baseball for an eternity?

Think this through rationally as an adult who is trying to make their mark in their industry. Lets say you get the position of your dreams and your peers in your industry think highly of you. However, as you start working in the new position you realize you are being handcuffed and decisions are being made that you would not agree with. This in turn is making you look like you were not qualified for the position given to you. Would you stick around with that organization and take the chance that you may never get that opportunity again or would you take a step back and consider resigning and working your way back up with a new company? Dipoto could have EASILY walked away after this season yet he wanted to stay with the Angels. To me, that makes it reasonable to assume that he does feel that he has the authority to build this team the way in which he envisions and the rumors of his lack of control are highly exaggerated. Your beloved Mr. Gammons is not always correct with his information.  

Think this through rationally as an adult who is trying to make their mark in their industry. Lets say you get the position of your dreams and your peers in your industry think highly of you. However, as you start working in the new position you realize you are being handcuffed and decisions are being made that you would not agree with. This in turn is making you look like you were not qualified for the position given to you. Would you stick around with that organization and take the chance that you may never get that opportunity again or would you take a step back and consider resigning and working your way back up with a new company? Dipoto could have EASILY walked away after this season yet he wanted to stay with the Angels. To me, that makes it reasonable to assume that he does feel that he has the authority to build this team the way in which he envisions and the rumors of his lack of control are highly exaggerated. Your beloved Mr. Gammons is not always correct with his information.  

Why would he walk away from the money Arte is paying him?

This whole thing just points out the great disconnect that exists between Moreno, JD, and Scioscia.

Not a good way to run an org

AO, they're all on the same page. I read an article that said so. If it was in print, it must be true.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Why would he walk away from the money Arte is paying him?

Some people care more about their long term ambitions over the short term. Plenty of adults walk away from "guaranteed" money in order to work for somewhere they will actually enjoy. When you are an adult you may understand, or you may be the type of person that wouldn't walk away and be bitter and do their job half assed. 

The point is, Dipoto and Sosh were talked about being let go at the end of the season. Every reporter, including Gammons said at least one was going yet they are both here. If Moreno is indeed making all of the major decisions, I find it highly unlikely that Dipoto would have wanted to stay. From the reports of the meeting he sounded like he pitched himself into one more chance when he easily could have been difficult and forced Arte's hand and still got his money while freeing himself from a "controlling boss". That did not happen which makes it very likely that the whole "controlling Arte" stance is being blown out of proportion by many, including yourself. 

Your kidding, right?

Your kidding, right?

Nope, I admit I may be wrong but those of you who have come to the conclusion that Arte is pulling the trigger are likely exaggerating the reality. 

As for my scenario, I know plenty of individuals who made good money and stepped back in life to follow a different path due to them being unhappy with their employer. I being one of them. 

And it's You're

Arte may be at fault for "bad baseball moves" but one thing he can't be at fault for is trying to win, and being willing to spend HIS MONEY to do so. That's a lot more than fans of other teams can say about their owner(s)....

This is 100% true.  I concur.

If he gave his baseball people the money and then backed off, we'd be in much better shape.