• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thanks a lot Arte

Scott34

That Kendrick for Lee and Withrow deal looks awfully good right now. This could be the one (non) move that ruins the offseason.

So thanks again, for committing your 3rd huge mistake in the last 2 years. Stay out of it.

Not that I trust Dipoto much more but Arte needs to back way off.

If Williams or Blanton are anywhere near the #5 spot in the rotation I'm going to puke.

There is a reason why Gammons didn't specifically say "Arte". It was purposely written to be vague.

Right. Gammons isn't in the business of pointing fingers and ridiculing. Although Arte pretty much deserves it at this point.

Dipoto wouldn't care what Scioscia thinks (See: Hatcher, Abreu, etc.)

The only person with authority to overrule Dipoto's decisions is Arte.

And yes I believe Gammons more than any other reporter.

Gammons' blog is a joke. He posted a short, very vague paragraph almost 5 weeks after the trade deadline. The blog post doesn't have any comments. Nobody reads that crap.

I believe Rosenthal and Stark more than Gammons.

Angels, Dodgers Discussed Trade For Kendrick In July
By Mark Polishuk [August 19, 2013 at 9:21pm CST]

The Angels and Dodgers "held extensive trade discussions" about a possible deal that would've sent Howie Kendrick from Angel Stadium to Chavez Ravine, FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports.  Negotiations went on right up until the July 31 deadline, a source tells Rosenthal, and Zach Lee would've been part of the package that went back to the Angels in return.  It isn't clear which team backed away from the deal.

Kendrick also drew attention from the Blue Jays and Royals before the deadline as the Angelsopenly shopped a number of pieces on their roster in an attempt to gauge their trade value and obtain young, MLB-ready pitching.  (Alberto Callaspo and Scott Downs ended up being the only notable Angels moved in July.)  ESPN's Jayson Stark reported on July 30 that the Angels and Dodgers had discussed Kendrick, but there was no indication that a deal was close.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/08/angels-dodgers-discussed-trade-for-kendrick-in-july.html#disqus_thread

Gammons' blog is a joke. He posted a short, very vague paragraph almost 5 weeks after the trade deadline. The blog post doesn't have any comments. Nobody reads that crap.

I believe Rosenthal and Stark more than Gammons.

Angels, Dodgers Discussed Trade For Kendrick In July

By Mark Polishuk [August 19, 2013 at 9:21pm CST]

The Angels and Dodgers "held extensive trade discussions" about a possible deal that would've sent Howie Kendrick from Angel Stadium to Chavez Ravine, FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports. Negotiations went on right up until the July 31 deadline, a source tells Rosenthal, and Zach Lee would've been part of the package that went back to the Angels in return. It isn't clear which team backed away from the deal.

Kendrick also drew attention from the Blue Jays and Royals before the deadline as the Angelsopenly shopped a number of pieces on their roster in an attempt to gauge their trade value and obtain young, MLB-ready pitching. (Alberto Callaspo and Scott Downs ended up being the only notable Angels moved in July.) ESPN's Jayson Stark reported on July 30 that the Angels and Dodgers had discussed Kendrick, but there was no indication that a deal was close.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/08/angels-dodgers-discussed-trade-for-kendrick-in-july.html#disqus_thread

More proof.

The only person with authority to overrule Dipoto's decisions is Arte.

And yes I believe Gammons more than any other reporter.

Who overrules Coletti's deals? Or maybe Coletti just pulled out considering the last trade between the Angels and Dodgers took place 2 decades ago, the one before that 4. Extra points if you can name the players involved.

If we lose Kendrick, who's going to be left to ground into all those rally-killing double plays? Every team needs one of those guys to keep the game honest.

;)

I'm sure that Albert Pujols would have stepped up to fill the role. He's a team player.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

So you choose to fully believe Rosenthal yet fully disprove Gammons?  Even though there is a history of Arte making baseball decisions and Dipoto not having a ton of pull?

Quit wasting my time with these posts.

This is all speculation and you dont know the reality of the front office dynamics anymore than anyone else on this forum. There is no doubt that Arte is a hands on owner but there is little proof that he is pulling the trigger on deals that Dipoto did not want to happen.