• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Galaxy S4 Unveiled

nate

If you're in the market for an android phone and your're deciding between the HTC One and Samsung Galaxy S4, the latter has two significant advantages:

1.  Removable battery

2.  External SD card slot with a capacity up to 64GB

There's a third for people (like myself) who like to root their phones.  Samsung makes it so less arduous for rooting which will also lure more developers towards their phone than HTC's.  

HTC certainly put android on the map with the EVO 4G.  They raised the standard for android phones.  But EVO 3Gs predecessors have not been close to matching its success.  

It looks like it's becoming a two horse race in the smartphone market:  Samsung vs Apple.  

With yesterday's S4 announcement, Samsung will continue to grab more of the android market, and the hardware specs blew the iPhone 5 out of the water.

phone definitely seems nice, but nothing earth shattering (specs mean little when it comes to mobile success) and the market let out of a big "meh", sending AAPL up $11 today (its still so amazingly cheap and wont be for long).

the hardware here is great, but the problem i see is samsung trying to push out a bunch of unnecessary software.

and samsung sucks at software.

they have been doing well because of really nice hardware covering the entire range of price points (most of their "sales" are the cheap phones they basically give away, which is why apple might sell less units but dominates wrt profits because their margins are insane). 

samsung trying to expand its reach into software could easily lead them astray if they dont know what theyre doing (which theyve never really shown they do, and most of these new "features" are getting luke warm reviews).

stuff like gesture control, tilt scrolling, health apps, etc come off like gimics when they arent done to perfection.

the screen looks rad tho. 

mobile space is fun right now. 

gonna be interesting when samsung moves off android and onto tizen full time, and google releases the X phone.

then of course comes new wave of iphones with total jony ive controlled stack and likely legit wireless zone charging and fingerprint detection (bye bye the those stupid lock keypads).

zack morris phones are still the best tho.

none of those things are new though, thats what im saying.

the legit sIV improvements are all hardware based (other than the design/shell which is tacky and cheap), which is definitely cool and burly but nothing earth shattering.

all those software parts are already done by legit players, and if samsung tries to half-ass mimic them it risks sending itself to an early grave by moving away from what it does best.

thats not innovation.

but again who knows, just my thoughts. 

its all about ecosystem and apps these days. hardware is already commoditized. 

The other key hardware features was the screen display with a 441ppi, a bigger battery size, along with the ability to add up to 64gb external SD card.  The plastic casing is a plus IMO which reduces overall weight of the phone.  Besides most people buy a case for their phones these days.  

mrwicked, I tend to agree with you about the gimmicky proprietary Samsung software (S Memo, S Voice, yadda yadda).  I'm not a fan of their software and Touchwiz theme.  But Samsung has made it extremely easy to root the phone so users can customize the software on their phone.  

phone definitely seems nice, but nothing earth shattering (specs mean little when it comes to mobile success) and the market let out of a big "meh", sending AAPL up $11 today (its still so amazingly cheap and wont be for long).

the hardware here is great, but the problem i see is samsung trying to push out a bunch of unnecessary software.

and samsung sucks at software.

they have been doing well because of really nice hardware covering the entire range of price points (most of their "sales" are the cheap phones they basically give away, which is why apple might sell less units but dominates wrt profits because their margins are insane). 

samsung trying to expand its reach into software could easily lead them astray if they dont know what theyre doing (which theyve never really shown they do, and most of these new "features" are getting luke warm reviews).

stuff like gesture control, tilt scrolling, health apps, etc come off like gimics when they arent done to perfection.

the screen looks rad tho. 

mobile space is fun right now. 

gonna be interesting when samsung moves off android and onto tizen full time, and google releases the X phone.

then of course comes new wave of iphones with total jony ive controlled stack and likely legit wireless zone charging and fingerprint detection (bye bye the those stupid lock keypads).

zack morris phones are still the best tho.

What are you talking about Wicked, everyone knows innovation = new look!

I actually was going to wait to check this phone out before purchasing a new phone, but my Motorola Atrix crapped out on me again(go figure) and went ahead and purchased an iPhone 5.