• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anyone else not want to trade Howie?

I'm not advocating for the total disregard of all metrics.  Almost all offensive metrics I'm on board with because they are quantitative in nature.  You're taking a quantitative property and making it into a quantitative value.  

Defensive metrics I do NOT trust in nature because they take a qualitative value and try to make something quantitative out of it.  I just don't think it works that wayy.  

I would trade Howie for a top flight starter.  A number 2, to slot behind Weaver.  

I would also make a low ball offer to Mark Ellis to come in as Howie's replacement.  One year only, or one and an option

just long enough to keep the spot warm for Lindsey.  

No chance that Howie can bring a #2, just not going to happen.

I would prefer to hold onto him.  I think he is a solid player that is difficult to replace.  Same with Aybar.  That is the reason that they both got the extensions they did.

Yeah, Green was actually quite good with the bat for the Angels last season. You should look up his stats. In fact, given how well he performed in the minors, and his first stint in the majors, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt as far as hitting the ball goes. I mean if you won't trust Green then Bourjos' trade looks even worse then because we shouldn't trust Kole Calhoun either.

His slugging was .343 and obp was .301, I wouldn't call that good. Comparing him to Kole who hit a lot better is crazy. I'm not saying Green won't be a decent player eventually but I think Romine could replace Aybar better than Green could replace Howie. I also like the idea of trading Trumbo and splitting the dh between Cron and Green.

Or, one could argue that since they don't back your argument, you are dismissing them.  No?

I may be making a fun argument, but at least it's my attempt to be silly.  Where you are actually being serious.

I think you mean why instead of where right?  Not sure with all the nonsense I see.  

I thought I was being facetious.  "So good at this".  You didn't catch that one apparently. 

If the market develops the way I see it happening, I think later in the season teams will get desperate and the angels could benefit from the Cano fall out.  The best they'll do is a #3 SP or a #4/5 SP and a prospect.  The most likely is Kendrick will bring in a solid #4 or a weak #3.  ie Miguel Gonzalez.  

I haven't seen or heard anything connecting the two teams, but in a random fit of  throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks, that was my prediction.  I guess a better statement would've been "A Miguel Gonzalez type of starter".

Cron is still blocked on this roster unless we deal Hamilton and Trumbo.  A Howie/Cron package could net a number 2, if there are any available.  

Cron isn't blocked by Hamilton. Cron is a 1B/DH. I don't think Kendrick and Cron together can get the Angels a #2 pitcher (I don't think Cron is that highly thought of  as a prospect), 

Totally agree Cez.  I think most people looked at the ALCS and NLCS and could easily see the reason they were there was because of their starting pitching (and BP).  As much as I like to watch Trumbo's majestic bombs and Aybar and Kendrick, who are above average, they aren't going to fetch you someone like Price.