• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anyone else not want to trade Howie?

Streaky hitter but when he's on he's on. He's got some pop and his contract is extremely reasonable. I understand you gotta give up value to get something of value back but I think Kendrick's play would be sorely missed. Maybe the Angels should just tender Jerome and run Hanson and Blanton out there. If not for the slow start the Angels would've been a contender for a wc spot and then anything is possible.

The 9 million dollar paycheck and lack of decent 2B options plus the fallout from Cano's inevitable signing is going to create a very nice market for Howie, one in which the Angels should get a fair return.  I'm fully confident that Green will come close to Howie's numbers with the bat and will be acceptably terrible with the glove, like Miguel Cabrera at 3B. 

The problem is, given how bad the Angels' defense was last year, and the fact that it's already looking worse for 2014, I don't think putting a guy who is whatever "acceptably terrible" with the glove is at 2nd base in place of a solid defender there would be particularly wise.

I do think trading Howie is likely the decision they end up making though.

Edited by jshep

The 9 million dollar paycheck and lack of decent 2B options plus the fallout from Cano's inevitable signing is going to create a very nice market for Howie, one in which the Angels should get a fair return. I'm fully confident that Green will come close to Howie's numbers with the bat and will be acceptably terrible with the glove, like Miguel Cabrera at 3B.

This season? I doubt that. Why would Oakland, one of the smartest teams in the game, trade away Green for Alberto Callaspo? Did Green even have an xbh last season? Minor league stats don't always translate.

I'd rather trade Aybar or Trumbo. 

Trumbo will have a pretty big interest, I assume, and you can replace his production on the free agent market. Corey Hart could outproduce Trumbo easily next year.

The drop from Aybar to Romine isn't as big as it would be from Howie to Green. I think Green will hit enough but his defense was very rough last year. With Freese already in the fold, you can't have Green starting too. With our defensive woes last year, that would be a pretty big mistake to make. 

to me, getting green gave us an option at 3b as opposed to 2b.  Watching him play 2b is like watching a tijuana donkey show.  In theory it seems like a good idea until it actually happens right in front of you.  There are acceptable tradeoffs when trying to maximize value in other areas.  I would be hard pressed to think that Howie return for SP would outweigh Green's everyday presence in the lineup. 

to me, getting green gave us an option at 3b as opposed to 2b.  Watching him play 2b is like watching a tijuana donkey show.  In theory it seems like a good idea until it actually happens right in front of you.  There are acceptable tradeoffs when trying to maximize value in other areas.  I would be hard pressed to think that Howie return for SP would outweigh Green's everyday presence in the lineup. 

Wow

*slow clap*

People throw "post of the year" around way too much, but this is at least post of the week.

I'm not sure why people have a love affair with Howie Kendrick, he's a terrible clutch player, terrible defender, and terrible baserunner.  He hits well...when the bases are empty, makes key errors when the game is on the line, and runs to 2nd on a single up the middle, tries to steal 2nd when a batter has a 3-0 count and gets thrown out, and the list goes on and on.

Trade him while other teams might be as blind as you guys are and get some good value in return.  His value is probably at its highest.

I like Trumbo, I think all he needs is a good hitting coach to teach him the strike zone and adjust better.  

I'm not sure why people have a love affair with Howie Kendrick, he's a terrible clutch player, terrible defender, and terrible baserunner.  He hits well...when the bases are empty, makes key errors when the game is on the line, and runs to 2nd on a single up the middle, tries to steal 2nd when a batter has a 3-0 count and gets thrown out, and the list goes on and on.

Trade him while other teams might be as blind as you guys are and get some good value in return.  His value is probably at its highest.

I like Trumbo, I think all he needs is a good hitting coach to teach him the strike zone and adjust better.  

You like a guy who disappears at the plate for 2/3 of the season.

This season? I doubt that. Why would Oakland, one of the smartest teams in the game, trade away Green for Alberto Callaspo? Did Green even have an xbh last season? Minor league stats don't always translate.

Yeah, Green was actually quite good with the bat for the Angels last season.  You should look up his stats.  In fact, given how well he performed in the minors, and his first stint in the majors, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt as far as hitting the ball goes.  I mean if you won't trust Green then Bourjos' trade looks even worse then because we shouldn't trust Kole Calhoun either.