• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Actor Paul Walker dead

Sad stuff, feel terrible for his daughter.

A friend of mine in college was good friends with Paul. Right after shooting Varsity Blues, he came up to a party my friend threw.  I didn't know anything about him at the time, but he was a cool dude to talk to and pretty funny. Only later did I find out more about him.

CNN is reporting they may have been drag racing another car. Since it's CNN, a disclaimer attaches to this post.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/02/showbiz/paul-walker-death/

Racing or not, speed was a factor in the crash, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office said. A 45 mph speed limit sign was attached to the light pole knocked down by the Porsche.

The car, which sold for $450,000 when new, is a notoriously difficult vehicle to handle, even for professional drivers, according to Autoweek magazine. A top driver called it "scary," the magazine reported Sunday. It is powered by a V-10, 610-hp engine.

There is also a trail of hydraulic fluid up to the crash that they are speculating may be power steering fluid.  Because the skid marks go straight into the tree and do not indicate that the car tried to turn at all they think the steering may have busted.

There is also a trail of hydraulic fluid up to the crash that they are speculating may be power steering fluid.  Because the skid marks go straight into the tree and do not indicate that the car tried to turn at all they think the steering may have busted.

Porsche better get ready to open up the wallet.  

Not trying to cause trouble here, but I find it sad that none of the stories in the MSM say anything negative about racing a high-performance vehicle on a street with a 45 mph speed limit. There are many glowing references to his love for "street racing" and "fast cars", but nothing negative. 

It's a terrible thing, what happened. But it never should have happened. 

CNN is reporting they may have been drag racing another car. Since it's CNN, a disclaimer attaches to this post.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/02/showbiz/paul-walker-death/

Racing or not, speed was a factor in the crash, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office said. A 45 mph speed limit sign was attached to the light pole knocked down by the Porsche.

The car, which sold for $450,000 when new, is a notoriously difficult vehicle to handle, even for professional drivers, according to Autoweek magazine. A top driver called it "scary," the magazine reported Sunday. It is powered by a V-10, 610-hp engine.

It also doesn't help that the gas pedal, clutch, and brake pedal are literally 1/2 an inch from each other. I would never buy one even if I had the money. 

Not trying to cause trouble here, but I find it sad that none of the stories in the MSM say anything negative about racing a high-performance vehicle on a street with a 45 mph speed limit. There are many glowing references to his love for "street racing" and "fast cars", but nothing negative. 

It's a terrible thing, what happened. But it never should have happened. 

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/02/showbiz/paul-walker-death/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Yes there are stories that cite racing as a factor, but the majority of comments in the media are praising his "love for street racing" and fast cars. 

I'm just not impressed by all the fast and furious mania. I'm guess I'm getting too old to love that sort of thing. My cousin was killed at the age of 22 driving his car into a wall. Speed and alcohol were factors there.

Wow.

That's a huge fireball for such a small vehicle.  That's a sickening feeling to watch that so helplessly.

I heard they weren't racing, but Walker wanted a ride in the car so his buddy took him.  Just drove too fast and, combined with steering-failure, was fatal.