• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million

gotbeer

yes he will. too many ties and opportunities that athletes are interested in. a while back I read an article about the infrastructure or leap he made and he has pulled some good talent from other sports agencies to assemble teams for the athletes.

At least he's smart enough then to not take it all on himself. That's a solid first step.

At least he's smart enough then to not take it all on himself. That's a solid first step.

He's extremely savvy, not just a rapper. I'm surprised that many don't know he is a higher up, I believe COO, of one of the biggest record labels....Def Jam. Aside from many successful business ventures like a clothing line and minority owner of the Nets.

Cano Asking Yankees For Nine Years, $250-$260MM
By Aaron Steen [November 30 at 8:18pm CST]

Robinson Cano requested a nine-year deal in the $250-$260MM range in his most recent offer to the Yankees, a source tells Ken Davidoff of the New York Post. The offer came in a meeting last week.

The Yankees have reportedly offered Cano a deal in the range of seven years and $168MM, which Davidoff notes would still make the second baseman among the highest-paid players in baseball. In addition, a second source says the much-discussed 10-year, $310MM offer floated by Cano's camp hasn't been in play since Cano became a free agent. Nevertheless, the two sides presently appear to be approximately $100MM apart. The Yankees are scheduled to meet again with Cano, who is represented by Jay-Z and CAA's Brodie Van Wagenen, on Monday.

Davidoff writes that the Yankees maintain they won't wait for Cano as they hold discussions with free agents such as Carlos BeltranShin-Soo ChooJacoby Ellsbury and Stephen Drew. The team also remains interested in Japanese pitcher Masahiro Tanaka. If the Yankees hit their budget limit without signing Cano, club officials say, they'll either move on or force Cano to agree to a much smaller deal than what's now under discussion.

Other potential destinations include the Tigers, the Mariners, the Rangers and the Nationals, and the Mets have met with Cano's representatives, Davidoff writes. However, he adds that no teams have publicly indicated significant interest in the infielder.

What about the Dodgers? They've already got a massive payroll but seemingly don't mind. Replacing Mark Ellis--who is underrated, I think, but is going to be 37--will add 3-5 wins, which is a pretty sizable upgrade.

I think the Yankees will end up signing him, that it will be something like 8/$220MM, possibly with a 9th year option.

He's extremely savvy, not just a rapper. I'm surprised that many don't know he is a higher up, I believe COO, of one of the biggest record labels....Def Jam. Aside from many successful business ventures like a clothing line and minority owner of the Nets.

He's also the face of Camel cigarettes.