• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How much of a sellers market is it for pitchers?

gotbeer

Report: '99 percent' chance Cubs trade Jeff Samardzija this offseason

Samardzija has only been a full-time starter for two seasons, during which time he's gone 17-26 with a 4.10 ERA (97 ERA+) and 1.29 WHIP. He's struck out more than a batter per inning (9.1 K/9) and worked 213 2/3 innings this past season.

If the two sides can't work out an extension now and the Cubs can get a substantial prospect haul from another club that treats him like an ace or No. 2 starter, it seems pretty reasonable to move him.

I only saw him pitch a couple times this past season and he looked pretty damn good to me. There literally is no chance we can get him if the Cubs want high end prospects in return for him. The Cubs are the exact opposite kind of team we should be dealing with in my opinion. We should be looking to move Trumbo,Howie or Aybar to a team that has a lot of young cost controlled pitching that believes they are one player away from competing for their division. A team like Tampa, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, even Az.

I highly doubt the Pirates trade a top 60 prospect. They can't afford to do that with their payroll.

They're also finally contending for the first time in 2 decades and may want to stay up at the top of the division. 

I'm not saying they'll give up Tailon or Polanco but a package around Kingham/Mathisen could start a deal. 

The Cubs should do a deal with Houston.  Supposedly they have a ton of good prospects they have drafted over the past few years.  And the Astros need starting pitching.

If they were close to contending or even being an average team, it would make more sense. I don't see why they would waste future resources on a short term commitment though.

Look for teams like the Indians, Pirates, and Diamondbacks make a move for him. Teams with a need for some starting pitching right now and are all going to be close to playoff teams next year.