• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If the Dodgers don't sign Kershaw this offseason

ispy45

He sure wasn't one of the best hitters in the game last year, and with his "body type" (obese), he's going to age poorly. You know if the Angels signed or traded for him (if they didn't have Albert), you would be singing another tune. 

Prince Fielder has missed a grand total of FOUR games in the past six years.

I'd love to have a player on my team who "ages" like that.

You didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. He's been fortunate that he's been very healthy and hasn't had to deal with any injuries in his 20's. It's very unlikely that he'll be that fortunate over the next seven years with the Rangers when he's in his 30's and his body starts to break down (partially because of his size). Pujols didn't have any major injuries when he was with the Cards. With the Cards, he only had two season where he played less than 157 games and even in those two seasons, he played at least 143 games. In his second season with the Angels he only played 99 games. 

The Rangers should've been concerned that even though Fielder was only 29 and healthy this past season, he still had a career low OPS. At that age Pujlos, Teixieira, and other All Star 1B were still putting up great numbers.

Sign Trout long term, priority number one. I don't know, pitchers contracts are starting to get bonkers, build a rotation like Cardinals (through drafting and developing pitching.) Don't solve one of our problems by throwing a tooooon of money at it (Kershaw turned down a $300 million dollar last year keep in mind)

That's a great attribute to have but he's also going to be exiting his prime years here soon which means a decline in production and possible injuries as he gets older.

His 2013 season would only be a cause for concern if it were part of a larger trend. If teams worried about one down year, baseball transactions would never happen and really, that's one hell of a down year. Besides, people have speculated that his marital problems contributed to his offensive issues. I guarantee he'll have at least two more years of a 150 wrc+ or higher.

And the whole "his body isn't going to age well" warning needs to be put to rest. A person can be a little fat and still be fit and healthy, and Prince Fielder doesn't strike me as the type who sits on the couch eating buckets of ribs and guzzling soda until it's time for a game.

Edited by sneaky_flute

Texas has 1 big contract in Fielder and while its not a great contract the guy is 29 and just had a .940 OPS in 2012. i would rather owe him 130+ for 7 years to him over Hamilton 100+ for 4 years and lets not even go into the 200+million LAA owes a one legged 34 year old Pujols...

I wish I could disagree with this.