• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mob City

Lhalo

Its Social History and he seems to stay true to it throughout. I actually have chatted with him online about my research as he gave me different archives that I should look into around the area. When you spend so much time doing research on your topic one will likely stay on point to the factual history. He does a great job of writing to make it enjoyable for the public and not just the scholars of History, a problem I currently have. 

• 5 weeks later...

yeah, i was expecting just a broken up movie, but it looks like they left it open if they reupped it which i don't think was expected. would like to see it go again.

i actually really liked the show. part of it is i don't like much of what's on, so anything mildly attractive gets me to watch, but i really like the genre, theme, cinematography, music, and so much more with era. it wasn't mind blowing good or a must see, but i really liked it.

I have a ton of books on this era laying around due to my thesis work on Religion, Mob and White Supremacy in the formation of Los Angeles. I am deep into this subject which I know is affecting my ability to watch this without extreme nitpicking at every turn. 

awesome!

i write a paper on hollywood and communism in post world-war ii america.

not as fun as your subject but i studied a lot of noir writers. 

I have a ton of books on this era laying around due to my thesis work on Religion, Mob and White Supremacy in the formation of Los Angeles. I am deep into this subject which I know is affecting my ability to watch this without extreme nitpicking at every turn. 

I just learned about the Chinese Massacre of 1871. Those were crazy times in LA back then.

Here's the area where it happened.

Negro_Calle.jpg

If you are interested in race relations in the formation of Los Angeles I reccommend the book Shifting Grounds of Race by Kurashige.

Before L.A.: Race, Space and Municipal Power In Los Angeles by Torres-Rouff is also pretty well done.

A bit more contemporary look at LA and a great book is My Blue Heaven by Nicolaides. She studies the development of South Gate, very interesting read.