• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

My thoughts right now

Beyond Trout and a couple SPs, it boils down to lotsa hope and needed change. Hope that Pujols and Hamilton somehow return to previous form, becoming more and more unlikely as they slide down the mid 30s ravine. Even if Pujols starts hitting again, the guy is a slug on defense and the base paths. At least Hamilton can still run and play D, tho he's basically an out walking to the plate against LHP. Freese, yet another 30s guy saddled with the hope he rebounds tag.

Change must come, the most obvious area being SP of course, but also in the gutted farm system. Must get younger. This franchise could benefit from a field management change, the current regime has become stale and unproductive. Plz no more long term manager contracts.

I agree that the team needs to get younger but the rest of this post is nonsense. Think of the position the Angels are in and then think of other teams that had question marks going into last year. Don't you think Boston fans were saying this same bounce back stuff about Lackey or Pedroia or Elsbury or their lefty starter. Or the Dodger fans hoping that Hanley will return to form or Crawford? Of course. So why is it impossible for Pujols, Hamilton or Freese? Oh and you say Freese is another guy in his 30's as if he's old. He is 30, not in his mid to late 30's. I know I am optimistic but seriously all this doom and gloom that people call realistic is beyond stupid.

I know things look crappy but I don't think baseball teams are always "guaranteed" to compete and make the postseason. A lot of teams have to "hope things work out". Just look at Boston this year, and the A's.

Last year everything that could have gone wrong did. I think things are bound to go the other way eventually.

People, or rather fans tend to be a passionate bunch.  Last year was rough, but as flawed as that team may have been, a lot of the math argued it would compete.   Things are'nt as awful as last year made it seem -- but depth is still an issue and until we add to the rotation it's hard to be upbeat.

it's not impossible for this team to contend, it's just that as we saw -- there is very little margin for error.

Hard to take any thread serious of an OP from "albertoverpay". I expect the same kind of over-exaggerated drivel if the person is for real and continues to post. But the writing styles screams of a past troll. Stupid avatar name...check, creates a thread to beat a dead horse....check, doesn't reply once in said thread....check.

If you've learned anything by other DiPoto moves it's that you can't judge them in November. We all thought Pujols would hit like he did in St. Louis (I still think he will at least come close to those numbers). We all thought Josh Hamilton was a good move. Freese move was not looked at as under a rosy of a light. 

The Pujols and Hamilton signings have made us all a lot more skeptical about any moves this team makes. When you commit that much money and get that little return, it's difficult for the fans to have much confidence in future moves.

The Pujols and Hamilton signings have made us all a lot more skeptical about any moves this team makes. When you commit that much money and get that little return, it's difficult for the fans to have much confidence in future moves.

I don't think anyone anticiipated Hamilton to be as bad as he was last year.   They had every reason to believe he would produce because his numbers said he would.

Pujols, while too long of a contract, was another one who most would have thought would be a very valuable part of the lineup for at least the first half of the contract.. probably 7 years.   His 2012 wasn't as bad as most claim but he started off real slow.   2013 was an injury year.  

I think both could have seasons that are more typical of their careers in 2014.   And if they do, Angels are pretty much a lock for the playoffs ,even with the holes in the pitching staff.

I agree that the team needs to get younger but the rest of this post is nonsense. Think of the position the Angels are in and then think of other teams that had question marks going into last year. Don't you think Boston fans were saying this same bounce back stuff about Lackey or Pedroia or Elsbury or their lefty starter. Or the Dodger fans hoping that Hanley will return to form or Crawford? Of course. So why is it impossible for Pujols, Hamilton or Freese? Oh and you say Freese is another guy in his 30's as if he's old. He is 30, not in his mid to late 30's. I know I am optimistic but seriously all this doom and gloom that people call realistic is beyond stupid.

Of course it must be nonsense if you don't agree with it.  Never said it was impossible for Pujols or Hamilton to bounce back.  Go read it again.  I said it is becoming less and less likely given their ages.  If you want to hang your hat on wishing and hoping for aging players to rediscover their magic, go for it.  This team is old and getting older.  That's not doom and gloom its fact.

For everyone hoping Hamilton to return to form, I remember BK mentioning something about his contact % and % of pitches he is swinging out of the strike zone. Those 2 are certainly reasons for concern. Hopefully he starts off the year hot and the Halo's can send him to Seattle or something.

I can't disagree with what the front office did. Rebuilding would've meant less fans coming out to the games and I don't think Arte and company wanted to mess around with that.

Ultimately this is worse. Now we are losing with a ton of money tied up in bad contracts, and fans know there is little hope for improvement in the near future.