• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If Trumbo is traded who is the DH?

Angelsjunky

Season's Greetings!

The Halos seem to be bridging themselves. Freese is that for 3B with Cowart. If they trade Trumbo, I'd say they're planning on Kendris back here. Which, is all the more reason to trade Trumbo.

Last year close to this time, I suggested the Halos sap the Astros with some of those prospects they received from deals over recent seasons. I'm returning to it for this year, as well.

Trumbo and Kendrick themselves showed to hit Minute Maid pretty well last season, perhaps looking that much more attractive to the desparate-for-bats Astros. DiPoto can, with clever scouting, leverage for quite the deal from the Astros for Kendrick and Trumbo together, where they could get Altuve as part of it, the nearly ready intriguing arm, and perhaps another prospect in return depending on that arm.

I would like to have seen DiPoto maybe throw Bourjos in toward working for the bigger deal with them, but they needed a bridge 3B man too, so maybe Shuck instead, I don't know.

Reacquisitions rarely work out well though. Morales is best not pursued.

Cron turns 24 in January. Very few players suddenly develop plate discipline at this age.

I still highly doubt he will be anything more than a bat only LH pitching platoon guy. That is not a very valuable commodity.

Some scout really missed the boat on Cron. Wily Mo Pena is written all over him.

Borenstein >>>>> Cron, in a lot of categories, AND like Cron he doesn't K a lot.

Cron should be the fringe top 10 org guy, and Borenstein should be the top 3 org guy with that short and powerful swing.

Edited by Angel Oracle

They traded the wrong player for Vargas last season.  It should have been Trumbo instead of Morales. 

Why? Morales isn't that good anymore. An above average DH isn't that hard to find. 

Morales will likely get a 3/30 deal in FA and Trumbo might make 5 million at the most. Trumbo can at least play a few positions and not be awful, be a decent baserunner and isn't much worse than Morales as a hitter. I'd much rather have Trumbo at this point. 

Switch-hitter at that?  Not very many in my book, and he wouldn't have tanked at the plate with RISB as much compared to Trumbo where they might've won more games last season. 

Being a switch hitter doesn't mean he's any better. 

Also, Trumbo fWAR 2.5 Morales fWAR 1.2. 

So no, we wouldn't have won more games with Morales last year.