• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Garrett Jones Designated for Assignment

LightTheHalo

NO WAY!

Dude cannot hit lefthanded pitching and he's 5-6 years older than Trumbo. We'd have to find a right-handed bat to platoon with Jones.

Sign Colon or Arroyo, go all in on Tanaka and if we don't land him, go after a Phillip Hughes or Ubaldo Jimenez.

Trumbo 2013: .234/.294/.453

Jones 2013: .233/.289/.419

And that was a big time down year for Jones.

Obviously Trumbo is five years younger and has a lot more upside, but numbers are numbers.

Yeah but Garret Jones would require us to put him in a total platoon and sign another guy to hit righthanded. He just cannot hit southpaws.

I say give Trumbo one more season under Baylor to see if we can turn him around. I'd love to get .260/.330/.500+ out of Trumbo on our team, not see that happen on a opposing team. I'm fearful that may happen.

I doubt they trade Trumbo now. What they'd gain is not what he's worth. After a bounceback year of sorts, hopefully one where he has some post-season heroics, and also doesn't have a disappointing second half, Trumbo's value will be much higher than it is today. 

Also, CJ Cron should be pretty much ready to take over in 2015 at DH. Hopefully anyway.