• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kole Calhoun

Chuck

That would be my choice as well. I've added in some projected stats - "moderately optimistic." Of course not everyone will perform to that level, but if everyone is healthy I think they very well could - and one or two even out-play it.

of course at least 1 or 2 of those guys probably won't be here opening day.  And if they are here, I don't know who the hell is in our rotation.

The way Trout is filling out, and showing more power.  He will be a 3/4 hitter.  Heck, he had the 4th highest slugging in the league last year.  Hitting him first or second would be a waste.  He's quickly becoming this generations Bonds, except for the Roids and the douche factor.

If Calhoun was healthy in spring training, we'd never have heard of JB Shuck. 

He wasn't. Shuck got the AB's when Bourjos went down. They'd have gone to Calhoun if he was the fourth OF, which he would've been had he been healthy.

Yup.

I am fine with Trout batting leadoff and Calhoun hitting 2nd. Nothing wrong with a high SLG hitter batting 1st. That way he gets the most at bats.

I'm also fine with Trout in the leadoff spot, Calhoun hitting second. I just like Trout (our best hitter), hitting in a good spot (3rd) for driving in runs and/or continuing an inning with a knock with two outs.

Honestly, I don't really care how the lineup shakes out as I think no matter where they are we're going to be much better offensively if everyone stays healthy this season. I'm pretty stoked on the lineup.

Only reason Trout hit third last season was because Pujols got hurt. I agree that Trout will eventually move down to the third spot when his speed regresses a little, but he should be lead-off right now. Shuck and especially Aybar shouldn't even be close to the top of the lineup. Lineup should be:

1. Trout CF

2. Calhoun RF

3. Pujols 1B

4. Hamilton LF

5. Trumbo DH

6. Freese 3B

7. Kendrick 2B

8. Iannetta/Conger C

9. Aybar SS

As of now but If Kendrick is traded, you bump the catchers and Aybar up a spot and have Green/eventually Lindsey hit 9th. I don't think the Angels will trade Trumbo though, even though they probably should, but they'd need a bat to replace him IMO

Edited by nikkachez

i'm going to be the a-hole for a minute: remember last offseason when we were all jerking each other off making sick lineup threads and talking about how our lineup would more than compensate for the holes in our pitching? Yeah, that was fun.

I don't think anyone is saying that our lineup will compensate with the pitching staff we have no, in fact, I'm pretty sure everyone's on the same page that we need pitching still

Calhoun  RF

Trout  CF

Pujols  1B

Hamilton  LF

Trumbo  DH

Freese  3B

Kendrick  2B

Conger  C

Aybar  SS

That's a lineup I could live with.

This is the lineup I was thinking of except with Freese and Trumbo flip flopped, especially with the way Dipoto was harping on Freese's ability to knock in the 'important' runs.

I also get the feeling Conger will be backup no matter how much better he does than Iannetta, so I had Iannetta batting 8th instead.

I don't think anyone is saying that our lineup will compensate with the pitching staff we have no, in fact, I'm pretty sure everyone's on the same page that we need pitching still

i know i know, i just think it's funny that we're all so excited about the lineup possibilities, while our pitching staff is really in shambles.  deja vu. 

i'm going to be the a-hole for a minute: remember last offseason when we were all jerking each other off making sick lineup threads and talking about how our lineup would more than compensate for the holes in our pitching? Yeah, that was fun.

I have no doubt we will have a better rotation next year. Guessing we'll see someone signed here soon. Hopefully Garza or Tanaka. 

Nobody was jerking off, but it sure looked like a great lineup. Not just by us fans, but the entire sports writing community.

That said, I believed Hanson and Blanton would at least be somewhere close to a 4:00-4:50 ERA and provide us with some quality innings, while Vargas was a little better than what he was.

What we didn't expect was Weaver to get hurt, Hanson and Blanton to suck incredibly bad and for Vargas to miss significant time with the blood clot, right after he was in a groove, knocking out tons of QS's.

Now, you can stop being an a-hole. Management knows that pitching is the primary void to fill this offseason and there's plenty of time to upgrade the staff before ST.