• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Colon & Aroyo

Cdaniel

hughes ? might as well try blanton again

i wouldn't mind colon

Hughes actually isn't as far out there as people might think.  

He had a bad 1.46 WHIP/5.19 ERA last season.  He's a career 1.32 WHIP/4.54 ERA.

but his home road splits were home 6.32 ERA/1.55 WHIP to a 3.88 eRA/1.36 WHIP.  Last 3 years home 5.35 ERA/1.39 WHIP vs a road 4.34 ERA/1.35 WHIP.  Safe to say, he doesn't like pitching in NY.

Bad thing is, in the last 3 years, in the one game he started at Angels stadium.  And he got rocked.  So not sure if his home #'s would improve here or not.  

I personally think he's right around a plan R.  But I think as people start signing, his name might start to pop up around the league.

Because it uses up all of our resources and doesn't give us anything we need long term.  

Unfortunately I don't think trading will help the farm in the long run either.  Drafting the right players, signing the right internationals, and not trading prospects on a consistent basis is the only thing that will help the farm in the long run.  

I've already gone on record to say I'd love to sign Colon to a 1 year deal with option for a second year. The most I'd do is a 2 year deal with a team option.

Colon has been one of the better pitchers in baseball for the past two years. He'll give us good innings, tons of QS's and because of the innings he'll give us, it will help our bullpen over the course of the entire season.

We got SHIT last year as far as good innings from Blanton and Hanson, even our fill-in guys struggled. The Angels were out of the game by the 2nd-4th innings too many times in 2013.

It's doubtful the Angels really have any moral high ground, but I'd hate it if the Angels signed that cheater Colon.  As for Arroyo, he'd get shelled in the AL and will end up being paid about 5-10 million more each year than he's actually worth.  I say no to both.  I'd rather see the Angels sign Hughes or Kuroda then either of them. 

Not giving up a draft pick for a guy who will pitch 1 or two years here, period. 

And I'm telling you, we might be able to get Arroyo and Colon and Howell for the price of Garza and Howell.

Add into it, Colon will be a one year deal, Arroyo probably a 3 year deal, where Garza may require a 5+ year deal.

I'll take my chances with the shorter deals, and try and get a FA pitcher when true #1 types are on the market.

You're probably right. Maybe I'm being short sided with my thinking. Not sure if want Colon though because of his connection to PED's.

Halladay
Kazmir
Capuano
Lannan
Scott Baker
Bedard
Burnett
Bruce Chen
Feldman
Floyd
Francis
Freddy Garcia