• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Colon & Aroyo

Cdaniel

Yes that's the goal Mr. Positive. You understand signing one of them doesn't mean they can't trade for another young arm right? How many young free agent pitchers are available? Would you rather have Hellickson or Hughes? They are younger they just aren't as good.

except they are saying we are going after both mr. team player.  Why are we just going for just one to two years, instead of trying to make us better long term?  That is how this team was good for the first decade of this century.

I'd rather use that money it would cost for arroyo and colon on Garza and Howell. Then we trade for a #3 or #4. I don't care for Garza or his chin pubes but he would be a solid addition and won't cost a draft pick.

I believe Colon and Arroyo won't cost a draft pick either.

Let's say we could get Garza and Howell for the cost of Arroyo and Colon, which pair would you want?

And I'm telling you, we might be able to get Arroyo and Colon and Howell for the price of Garza and Howell.  

Add into it, Colon will be a one year deal, Arroyo probably a 3 year deal, where Garza may require a 5+ year deal.  

I'll take my chances with the shorter deals, and try and get a FA pitcher when true #1 types are on the market.  

It's doubtful the Angels really have any moral high ground, but I'd hate it if the Angels signed that cheater Colon.  As for Arroyo, he'd get shelled in the AL and will end up being paid about 5-10 million more each year than he's actually worth.  I say no to both.  I'd rather see the Angels sign Hughes or Kuroda then either of them. 

It's doubtful the Angels really have any moral high ground, but I'd hate it if the Angels signed that cheater Colon.  As for Arroyo, he'd get shelled in the AL and will end up being paid about 5-10 million more each year than he's actually worth.  I say no to both.  I'd rather see the Angels sign Hughes or Kuroda then either of them. 

hughes ? might as well try blanton again

i wouldn't mind colon

To me that would be a much better direction to go, or at least just acquire one older and then use some trade pieces to get some young arms that are only a season or two away. Now we are just being so short sighted.

Mt I'm not against what you propose, but what's the harm in signing multiple veterans as long as it doesn't cost us a pick? Then turn around and work on replenishing the farm with a Howie or Aybar trade. I'm not trying to be argumentative, just trying to see if I can agree with you. I see no issue signing multiple vets if it doesn't cost us a pick and allows us to somewhat compete.