• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hunger Games: Catching Fire

gotbeer

Watched Catching Fire this afternoon and greatly enjoyed it. In fact I was surprise two and a half hours went by so quickly. I was caught off guard by how suddenly it ended but my daughter helped fill in some of the gaps since she's read the books and I haven't.

I liked the surprise of why it ended the way it did - mostly because I didn't see it coming.

I assume that the finale will somehow involve a showdown between Snow and Katniss.

I also assume that all of the scenary in the districts and the lies of the oppressive govt are the future results of obamacare, even though they haven't mentioned it yet

Re-watched part one again and saw part two. Part 1 was pretty bad now looking back it at it. 

Catching Fire is a huge step up but "amazing" is stretching it a bit. Peeta is still way too bland of a character and a lot of the set-up to the Hunger Games with the blunt and heavy-handed social commentary dragged a bit and didn't really get going until the actual games began. That said, I did enjoy that the action was way better handled in this new one than the first. Jennifer Lawrence was great in it but that was pretty much the only stand out performance for me. Oh yeah Sutherland isn't bad either.

can someone explain the fire that shows up whenever she twirls around? if it's some kind of weapon, why hasn't she used it in battle? if it's just for special effects, what's the point?

is the title "catching fire" supposed to tie in to her fiery display?

can someone explain the fire that shows up whenever she twirls around? if it's some kind of weapon, why hasn't she used it in battle? if it's just for special effects, what's the point?

is the title "catching fire" supposed to tie in to her fiery display?

It's just for show.  Part of the costumes is to wow potential supporters.  She is from District 12 which mines coal.  So the stylist decided instead of coal, he would make the coal make fire.  

It's just for show.  Part of the costumes is to wow potential supporters.  She is from District 12 which mines coal.  So the stylist decided instead of coal, he would make the coal make fire.  

thank, GB.

turning that wedding gown into a bird (a mocking jay, was it?) was a pretty darn cool effect and reminded me very much of what stickboy often does with his dresses.

Edited by Tank