• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hunger Games: Catching Fire

gotbeer

Thought it was an outstanding movie.  And it kept pretty true to the book.

For anyone that has read the book.  Is it just me, or did the movie end a few chapters early?  Not that I mind or anything, since I thought it ended at the perfect time.  And sets up not for the finale to make sense at being a two parter now.

Ya, I thought they did a fantastic job with it.

Probably would have enjoyed it even more if there wasn't a chick sitting directly behind me who apparently had no idea what anything was, and leaned over to ask her friend questions in a not so quiet voice every 10 minutes though.

This one was definitely better than the first one, which I enjoyed as well.

Spoiler Alert for those who have read book 3...

I am not looking forward to a two part movie of what I consider to be a horrid third book...by the end of that book I wanted everyone to die, especially Kat, Peeta, and Gage. What a bunch of whiny little shits.

Seriously...spoiler...if you haven't read the books do not show the spoiler.

I have actually considered not even bothering to watch the final installments...I hated the book that much. Oh...so and so dies...oh...who do I choose...oh...woe is me, blah blah blah...should have nuked the whole ****ing lot of them...by the end I wanted Snow to win and Kat to be tied to a stake and flogged to death. Revolution co-mingled with virgin teenagers just out of puberty isn't a pretty thing.

Catching Fire was AMAZING. Jennifer Lawrence should be up for an Oscar. The final scene at the end with just her face. All of the emotions that went through her and the fact it was so visibly noticeable. That girl can act. I am stoked they stayed so true to the book. Johanna and Finnick killed it. Some of my friends who haven't even read the books immediately went out and bought the series. The director change was needed and it showed with Francis Lawrence. I couldn't find one bad thing wrong with this movie.

GB, the book ends quite fast too.

They really weren't in the arena that long in the book either. How it all played out with Beetee's plan was pretty much all spot on.

Oh, and why I have hope for the final installments of Mockingjay.

The very end of the movie. When they show Katniss. And her emotion changed to pure rage. That's something you don't really see in the books. She goes through that period of woe is me for a while. Hopefully they made a creative change and she's going to be a kick ass that we saw in the hologram simulation and in the arena.

I found myself somewhat liking the first book, second book seemed kinda weak, and then the third book is what pushed me into disliking the entire trilogy. Two of the characters in the third book are named after Nicolas Cage's character in Face Off and his brother. Woody Harrelson looks ridiculous. My favorite acting came from Lenny Kravitz. 

I found myself somewhat liking the first book, second book seemed kinda weak, and then the third book is what pushed me into disliking the entire trilogy. Two of the characters in the third book are named after Nicolas Cage's character in Face Off and his brother. Woody Harrelson looks ridiculous. My favorite acting came from Lenny Kravitz. 

My gut feeling.

Instead of saving Kravitz' assistants, they will save him. I think he's a creative change and written himself into the third book.

Watched the hunger games with my daughter this morning and going to see catching fire tomorrow. Good story and it kept my interest all the way through. Looking forward to part two.

The one we weren't sure about was why the hunger games contest even existed. My daughter found it in her book and it made more sense.