• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

YOUR Angels Offseason Ideas

Chuck

As of the Joe Smith and David Freese trades.

Sign Tanaka.

Sign Brian Wilson.

Trade Trumbo, Richards, Kohn and Borenstein to AZ for Cahill, Skaggs and Owings (with Gregorius at SS he has no room)

Trade Kendrick, Iannetta, mid level prospect to Toronto for Lind and Janssen

Trade Aybar and Cahill, Jepsen to Cincinnati for Bailey and LeCure.

Bullpen-

CL- Wilson

SU- Janssen

SU- Frieri

RP- Burnett

RP- Smith

RP- LeCure

RP- DDLR

Rotation-

1. Weaver

2. Wilson

3. Tanaka

4. Bailey

5. Skaggs

Lineup-

C- Conger/FA/Prospect

1B- Pujols

2B- Lindsey

SS- Owings

3B- Freese

LF- Hamilton

CF- Trout

RF- Calhoun

DH- Lind

You're welcome.

Edited by Cory

Cory, it looks like Brian Wilson is signing with the Tigers soon. He wants to be guaranteed the closer spot.

I'm not sure I dig his personality anyhow. Kind of a weird asshole the way he conducted himself with the Dodgers toward the SF Giants.

Cory, it looks like Brian Wilson is signing with the Tigers soon. He wants to be guaranteed the closer spot.

I'm not sure I dig his personality anyhow. Kind of a weird asshole the way he conducted himself with the Dodgers toward the SF Giants.

Aww bummer. I'd be down with Balfour as well. If not, with my trade proposals I still think our bullpen is insanely competitive. Thoughts on the rest, Chuck?

Edited by Cory

Aww bummer. I'd be down with Balfour as well. If not, with my trade proposals I still think our bullpen is insanely competitive. Thoughts on the rest, Chuck?

I like the rest.

I'd be down with the roster if we just added two good SP, one more BP arm and called it an offseason.

Sign Bronson Arroyo - 1 Year Deal, 12 million per year. Club option for $1 M buyout in 2015.

Sign Robinson Cano - 7 year deal, 27.5 million per year. 

Trade Howie Kendrick, Chris Iannetta, Joe Blanton to the Blue Jays for Mark Buerhle, Sergio Santos, JP Arenciba and Minor Leaguer Aaron Sanchez. This is roughly a $2M add for 2014. 

Non-Tender Williams, Jepsen, Gutierrez, Nelson, Hanson for savings of 11.3 Million.

Why:

1) Arroyo becomes the third starter. Buehrle the fourth, Richards the fifth. Good rotation, 5 guys capable of 200 innings and 32/33 starts, all with ERA's under 4. Blanton is purely a salary dump, they can include Cash instead if they don't want him. 

2) Santos becomes a valuable member of the pen and option closer. Pen is now Frieri, Smith, Santos, Burnett, De La Rosa, Morin/Maronde/Shoemaker/Roth/Kohn. That's four good relievers and a bunch of young guys.

3) While Young Pitching is at a premium, this lineup is a straight murderers row. The rotation actually wasn't that bad last year, they just didn't pitch enough innings on the average, because of injury and Blanton/Hanson's penchant for throwing five innings and being down when they exited. With more reliable arms in the rotation who should give you 6-7 innings every night, they don't have as many innings for the vastly improved pen.

Robinson Cano is a top five hitter, who yes is 31. It would be the third straight offseason they signed the #1 hitter in the market and one that is also 31 years old.

The lineup projects to 

CF Trout - R

2B Cano - L

1B Pujols - R

LF Hamilton - L

DH Trumbo - R

RF Calhoun - L

3B Freese - R

C Conger / Arenciba - S

SS Aybar - S

This team has five guys who could hit 30 home runs (Trout, Cano, Pujols, Hamilton, Trumbo). 8 guys should hit 30 2B. Conger and Arenciba should combine for 30 / 30. And Every player in the lineup should hit .280 or higher (except Catcher).

900 runs scored is a possibility. And the staff should allow 700 or less.

Which is a playoff team. With offense.

AND A HUGE PAYROLL.

Look, I know the budget doesn't support this, but the payroll breaks down to $178.6 Million for 2014. That's going to be over the CBT at an AAV of 205 including some unseen numbers. But next year, in 2015, it's not going to be as I think they'll cut ties with Trumbo, Arroyo, Santos, Sean Burnett, and Arenciba and replace them with Cron, Sanchez, Morin, Maronde, and a Backup Catcher for at or near the league minimum.

Vernon Wells will be off the books. Mike Trout will earn $17M plus though. 

The AAV dips to 189.2. Right under the CBT.

And going forward, in 2016, Mark Buerhle comes off the books, as does Freese. But Trout's due a raise and so are Richards and Conger. Hopefully Sappington is ready for a rotation spot so you'd have Weaver, Wilson, Richards, Sanchez, Sappington. Hopefully Kaleb Cowart is ready. Keeps the AAV payroll at or near the CBT. Real payroll is probably higher with Pujols/Cano/Hamilton all getting more money than their AAV.

And in 2017, you'd have Richards and Calhoun up for raises and Trout again. Cron is due a raise in his first arbitration year. You'd also have two starters to replace and need a new SS, hopefully Stamets or a future draft pick. 

And in 2018, Hamilton comes off the books just in Time for Trout to sign an extension. You'd have three years left with Cano and four with Pujols, but no other major contracts.

I have been dead against a Cano signing, but might've just changed my mind...

I wouldn't let the luxury tax effect us for this year. It gets progressively worse as time goes on, but year one it's not that bad. If that is the case with Arte, then what about a reunion with Kendrys? He will cost less than Garza and if we trade Trumbo+, we could get get a pitcher = to Garza, while replacing Trumbo with a better hitter in Kendrys.

Sign Kendrys

Sign Tanaka

Sign Kurt Suzuki

Trade Ianetta to Jays for prospects

Trade Trumbo and Jepsen to D-backs for Miley/Skaggs/Cahill

1. Trout CF

2. Calhoun RF

3. Pujols 1b

4. Hamilton LF

5. Morales DH

6. Kendrick 2b

7. Freese 3b