• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Potential Lineups

IowaAngels27

With what we have right now, I am not sure what the lineup would look like.  I want Calhoun in RF, but we need a lead off hitter in Shuck in the lineup.  Here is what I could see a lineup being with what we have right now.

1. Shuck LF

2. Kendrick 2B

3. Trout CF

4. Trumbo DH

5. Pujols 1B

6. Hamilton RF

7. Freese 3B

8. Conger/Iannetta C

9. Aybar SS

OR

1. Aybar SS

2. Kendrick 2B

3. Trout CF

4. Trumbo DH

5. Pujols 1B

6. Hamilton LF

7. Freese 3B

8. Conger/Iannetta C

9. Calhoun RF

Kind of lost, so any thoughts?

Neither of these is going to be the lineup. Kendrick doesn't like to be the #2 hitter. He doesn't walk and his OBP isn't good enough anyway. He has awful numbers in that spot in the lineup.

I don't want Shuck or Aybar at the top of the lineup. Both of these guys have career OBP's in the .320-.335 range.

Mike Trout is the leadoff guy. He needs to be in that spot.

Next might be Aybar, but I'd prefer if Calhoun got it as he is a left handed hitter. He also has a career minor league OBP of .402. He had a .347 in his 58 games in the majors last year. 

Then it's Pujols, then Hamilton, then Trumbo (doubtful he gets traded now). Sixth is likely David Freese's spot. 7th could be Conger if he's hitting, or Kendrick. Next is the other one. Finally Aybar hitting 9th, where he's always had his best hitting numbers.

If they trade Kendrick, I'd expect Aybar to hit 7th, then Green, then Conger. 

When Shuck plays, he can hit #9 and Aybar can hit #2.

Trout leading off is the best option.

What I think should be the lineup but it will never happen:

Calhoun

Freese

Trout

Pujols

Hamilton

Kendrick

Trumbo

Iannetta/Conger

Aybar

It will never happen? Haha, that's pretty funny. Nate don't forget that Scioscia writes every imaginable lineup there is, so my guess is if we happen to see all of those players make it to opening day (and we won't) then we will see this lineup.

Are people forgetting that Trout was moved to #3 because Pujols was out (and Hamilton was sucking)??  Assuming full health, I don't see any reason why Trout wouldn't be back at leadoff.  He is our best hitter, he's fast, he's patient, he gets on base better than anyone, and in the leadoff spot he would get the most ABs.  What's hard to understand about that?

How about the rotation? We only have two reliable starters... and even less resources to help fill it out now. ahhhhhhh god damn dipoto... the hell you doing. lol

If he was offered a reliable starter for Peter then we would have a reliable starter and they would have Peter. Then again, now that we know what Peter's value is, how would you have felt if he traded Peter and in return we got someone's average number four or five starter? I am sure we would have all been pumped trading Peter for the likes of Bruce Chen or Scott Feldman.

It will never happen? Haha, that's pretty funny. Nate don't forget that Scioscia writes every imaginable lineup there is, so my guess is if we happen to see all of those players make it to opening day (and we won't) then we will see this lineup.

I just don't see Scioscia ever not batting Pujols third when he is in the lineup.