• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dave Cameron (Fangraphs) on the trade

Angelsjunky

Read about it here.

Cameron nails it here:

"The Angels needed a third baseman, I guess, but they traded a good player for a worse player who costs more. Anaheim keeps spinning their wheels, while the Cardinals keep marching on towards sustained excellence. Some things really do stay the same."

Its almost embarrassing. I'd say that the Angels are on their way to becoming a joke of a franchise, but the thing is the last four years have been terrible so we're already there. This trade just confirms it. I was hoping that we'd see a shift in gears this off-season, but it looks like more Dipoto being Dipoto.

They trade Callaspo away at midseason, creating a hole at 3B. They then patch that hole by trading Bourjos away, getting an older, more expensive and less valuable player in return

I'm not sure this FO knows exactly what it's trying to do

This is the issue here. There is no direction. The Callaspo for Green trade makes sense until we apparently decide we have no use for Green - just like Oakland realized. 

Read about it here.

Cameron nails it here:

"The Angels needed a third baseman, I guess, but they traded a good player for a worse player who costs more. Anaheim keeps spinning their wheels, while the Cardinals keep marching on towards sustained excellence. Some things really do stay the same."

Its almost embarrassing. I'd say that the Angels are on their way to becoming a joke of a franchise, but the thing is the last four years have been terrible so we're already there. This trade just confirms it. I was hoping that we'd see a shift in gears this off-season, but it looks like more Dipoto being Dipoto.

Then find a different team to cheer for.  Change your SN to Cardinals junky and go on their board.

I'm sitting here watching one organization that is doing pretty much everything right and one that isn't. Don't know if it's poor ownership or poor decision making in the front office but I'm tired of getting owned.

It's been an organizational imperative since 2009. I'm not sure what happens first, the team completely bottoms out or ends up saved by an influx of young pitching talent we are supposedly trying to farm.

Read about it here.

Cameron nails it here:

You know what that means right? The Angels are going to win the division because the last 2 years people were all excited about the team and now according to you we are a joke of a franchise which means we will win. Look maybe you don't know much about Freese except for his stat line this year but he is a upgrade at 3rd.  The one thing I like is unlike most Angels he works the count.  Look at the success of Calhoun and Schuck both players who work counts.  We have to many first ball swingers Hamilton, Aybar, Kendrick, Trumbo, Jimenez, etc.. Now we have Trout, Calhoun, Ianetta, and now Freese.  Don Baylor will also help because the last two hitting coaches we had were free swingers when they played. Baylor will teach patience and he will be respected by the players.  Look for our team OBP going up.

You know what that means right? The Angels are going to win the division because the last 2 years people were all excited about the team and now according to you we are a joke of a franchise which means we will win. Look maybe you don't know much about Freese except for his stat line this year but he is a upgrade at 3rd.  The one thing I like is unlike most Angels he works the count.  Look at the success of Calhoun and Schuck both players who work counts.  We have to many first ball swingers Hamilton, Aybar, Kendrick, Trumbo, Jimenez, etc.. Now we have Trout, Calhoun, Ianetta, and now Freese.  Don Baylor will also help because the last two hitting coaches we had were free swingers when they played. Baylor will teach patience and he will be respected by the players.  Look for our team OBP going up.

Don't hold your breath...