• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert's knee, worried?

floplag

I'm not the worrying type, but on this one, yeah I'm worried.  The knee isn't healthy yet, he's still running gingerly, this very well may effect his ability to hit the ball once the season starts and pitchers are actually using their best stuff.  On top of which, if his knees aren't up to speed at age 33, I'd hate to see what happens in the next 8 years of the contract.  

I think he'll be alright, he'll probably just need to DH as often as Trumbo does for the foreseeable future, but I don't know, thus I'm a little worried. 

I'm not the worrying type, but on this one, yeah I'm worried.  The knee isn't healthy yet, he's still running gingerly, this very well may effect his ability to hit the ball once the season starts and pitchers are actually using their best stuff.  On top of which, if his knees aren't up to speed at age 33, I'd hate to see what happens in the next 8 years of the contract.  

I think he'll be alright, he'll probably just need to DH as often as Trumbo does for the foreseeable future, but I don't know, thus I'm a little worried. 

Valid points but it's not as though he's had cronic knee problems. The knee isnt up to speed due to a recent surgery...almost any other player wouldnt be up to speed either after a recent knee surgery.

This is the same guy that had a broken wrist and healed in, what was it...6 weeks?

He has been eassssed into spring training and has been nothing but productive up until now. He has hit well, he was recently cleared to run the bases by the doctors...all positive signs

The guy is purposely taking it easy on the knee right now, not running full speed, so it's kind of hard to judge.  If it were a real game situation that counted and he was still real slow/running gingerly, then I would be concerned.  But yeah, as someone said above, the fact that he's already crushing the ball leads me to believe he's feeling pretty good, and just being extra cautious while running.

Racist