• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Royals to sign Jason Vargas

SoWhat

Yep, I'm glad we didn't go 4 years. If we trade for Lynn or Kelly then they'll likely be better than Vargas. Hell, I think Phil Hughes could be equal to Vargas for half the price though I seem to be the only one here who wants him. Good luck to Vargas but he's just not worth 4 years in my eyes.

Who cares if it's 4 years? This contract is easily moveable if the Royals need to move it later on. Didn't the padres just pay 8 mill for Johnson? Unfortunately the price for pitchers is just going to go up. Vargas is nothing special but he'd be a fine #4 for a few years.

This man gets it. A reasonable contract isn't hard to move. Vargas was a solid 3/4 for us and far better than Hanson, Blanton, and probably Arroyo. We're gonna struggle to replace him without giving up a solid piece of the lineup.

While the AAV for Vargas is quite reasonable, four years is not. We were right not to match it, even if it thins out our options quite considerably. You could look at it now and argue we should've extended a qualifying offer, but given how close we are to the luxury tax threshold it's probably smarter we didn't.

Just as before, we've got to have something pretty damn special up our sleeves if we want to fix this mess of a club.

Gets $8 mill a year. Some folks were upset with the Halos not giving Vargas a qualifying offer. Well, here's why. They'd have been stuck with him for $14 mill for next year

in any case, good for Vargas. Royals got a Halos pitcher last year and it worked out for them so they decided to try again with another

Can we bump this when we have blanton starting for us. 14 mil one year is not a bad deal.