• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels discussing trade for Freese

nate

The Angels wouldn't have to give up much at all for Freese. A prospect and/or bench guy and/or a reliever is probably what it would look like if it were to happen. Maybe the Cardinals would throw in another low key prospect in exchange for the exact same thing (another low key prospect). Freese is a solid 3rd baseman and don't let his regular season numbers this years fool you, they will only go up. He's really really really streaky and when he gets hot he's HOT and when he gets cold, he's COLD. For example, he hit terrible last April but by the time July came around he had a 20 game hitting streak under his belt.. The dude can flat out hit but its the current state of his mind that determines whether he is the David Freese of october 2011 or the David freese of April 2013. 

NOW, the only way the Angels would be able to negotiate for a couple of the many young guns would be Trout. sorry i said it. Think about how great it would be to have 8 pitchers under 26 years old who all have dirty stuff, established themselves in the mlb last year, and you know they're going to be good for a while. Now think about how great it would be to have the best position player in the game who's under 24 years old. That's exactly the situation the Cardinals and the Angels find themselves in. If the angels want to get an elite young gun, they'll most likely have to go for more than one and they'll most likely have to give up the big dog, Trout. 

Edited by Cardinals

Am I the only one that struggles giving that quote any credibility? The quote is from the friend of a drug dealer, sounds legit. I'm guessing it's more likely the guy is like the guys here that make shit up about Albert because he hasn't played well.

Not sure about the drugs but I've heard from people that he parties. I think he might have picked up a couple of deuces along the way.

Either way I think he'd be a good pickup for the Halos barring they don't give up too much.

Three team trade- Angels, Cardinals, Rays

Angels get-

Price

Freese

Siegrist

Rays get-

Miller

Green

Wong

Cardinals get-

Aybar

Bourjos

Shaffer

This is well beyond dream land. forget freese. No way stl gives up wong, miller, and siegrist for a pile of dog poop and a prospect ahat is worse than all of theirs 

NOW, the only way the Angels would be able to negotiate for a couple of the many young guns would be Trout. sorry i said it. Think about how great it would be to have 8 pitchers under 26 years old who all have dirty stuff, established themselves in the mlb last year, and you know they're going to be good for a while. Now think about how great it would be to have the best position player in the game who's under 24 years old. That's exactly the situation the Cardinals and the Angels find themselves in. If the angels want to get an elite young gun, they'll most likely have to go for more than one and they'll most likely have to give up the big dog, Trout. 

LMAO!!!

Dude....the Cardinals would have to trade their entire starting rotation and their best relievers to get Trout.  Anything less is an insult.

Hey, let's trade a CF coming off an injury-riddled season to the Cardinals for SP whose Wins total are deceptive.

speaking of Jimmy, is he (aside from Trout) the best player the Angels have ever produced? I think he is criminally underated. He was really, really good as an Angel and more or less a GOD with STL. A Gold Glove CF who can OPS 1.000? So sick.

Lynn is a #4 at best.

Are you serious?

Are you aware that Lynn has a 3.3 fWAR in 2013, the exact same as CJ Wilson? People tout Wilson as a #2; I see him more as a #3. But unlike Wilson, Lynn is only 26 years old. He's accrued 6.0 fWAR in the last two seasons of nearly full-time starting. He's a good to very good pitcher.

Yeah, it was pretty dumb. Not quite as dumb as suggesting that the Angels trade Trout, but still pretty dumb

Not quite as dumb as suggesting that the Angels try to acquire a young pitcher from the Cardinals without giving up Trout. Trout is the only thing the Angels can bring to the table if Martinez, Rosenthal, Kelly, Miller, or Wacha are included in the negotiation. Hands down. Lynn is a different story. 

Hey, let's trade a CF coming off an injury-riddled season to the Cardinals for SP whose Wins total are deceptive.

speaking of Jimmy, is he (aside from Trout) the best player the Angels have ever produced? I think he is criminally underated. He was really, really good as an Angel and more or less a GOD with STL. A Gold Glove CF who can OPS 1.000? So sick.

I think he might be. For about six years there he was a Hall of Fame caliber player.  Actually, Edmonds is one of those players who probably won't make the HoF, but is better than many players that are in (e.g. Tony Perez and Jim Rice). Jimmy had a HoF player's peak, but not quite the longevity and lost a fair amount of time to injury. But a bit better health and we're looking at 450 HR and 1500 RBI rather than 393 and 1199, which would make all the difference for HoF voters.

As for Freese, the highest the Angels should go to trade for him is Bourjos for Freese.  If they can give up less, even better.  If they could get a relief arm thrown in, I'd do it.

Two major disagreements in a row. Cool ;-)

I woudn't trade Bourjos for Freese straight up. If we're taking Bourjos or Aybar, the Angels would need to be getting a Kelly or Lynn in return.

He wasn't suggesting trading trout. He said the only way to get one of their studs was by trading trout. Is he wrong?

Um...how about the fact that it would take more than just "one of their studs" to even start talks about Trout.

For example, if the Cards offered Wacha for Trout, Jerry would laugh for a few hours straight.

Edited by Jim B