• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What are the Rangers next moves?

notherhalo

If they sign Cano and trade Profar for Miller then this will not be a good start to the offseason. To even catch up with the Rangers we would need to win the bid on Tanaka, sign Garza, Smith, Chavez and the Beard. Then trade Trumbo for Headley. Add to that we need Albert and Josh to return to being difference makers. Then we can compete with that team, perhaps.

If they sign Cano and trade Profar for Miller then this will not be a good start to the offseason. To even catch up with the Rangers we would need to win the bid on Tanaka, sign Garza, Smith, Chavez and the Beard. Then trade Trumbo for Headley. Add to that we need Albert and Josh to return to being difference makers. Then we can compete with that team, perhaps.

Hasn't a philospohy like 'trying to catch up' got us into a world of sh*t before? Reacting to what other teams do should never be a way to operate.

They traded Kinsler to open up the door for Profar, not to sign Cano and trade Profar. Profar has the potential to be a 4-5 win player and is going to be super cheap for a while.

To answer your question though, I can see them signing a guy like Granderson and I can definitely see McCann going there.

Hasn't a philospohy like 'trying to catch up' got us into a world of sh*t before? Reacting to what other teams do should never be a way to operate.

Oz, forget that this is a thread about what the Rangers just did and say it's a off season in review. Would you be happy with those moves if they Angels made them?

Oz, forget that this is a thread about what the Rangers just did and say it's a off season in review. Would you be happy with those moves if they Angels made them?

Would I be happy if the Angels traded a .290 OBP hitter for one of the better third basemen in the league? Yeah, naturally. But needless to say, it's not going to happen. As for the rest, it all depends on the terms. Last year I wanted Greinke, I didn't want him for $130 million. I think Garza is going to end up getting crazy money that'll make him completely not worth it, for example.