• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Going to fry a turkey this year.

Lhalo

bomb diggity.

I never do the turkey, but am around with a cocktail.

Do outdoors and put cardboard down on the concrete. The biggest thing is the thermometer being accurate on the fryer. Every year it seems to be a guessing game between that and a regular thermometer....surprised it hasn't been butchered yet.

Pretty straight forward after the prep. Just stand around with a drink in your hand making sure it doesn't boil over and listening for who slurs first from the booze.

Do a trial measurement of the turkey in the oil before you get it hot so it doesn't overflow. My dogs were licking the patio for a week. Don't think you have another minute or two to do something else when the time is up. It is really delicious but too much work for me. 

I second Eric's post. Alton will show you how it's done. 

If for some reason you don't watch the video please follow this one step most of all:

Have a working fire extinguisher or even two ready to go.

Finally, make sure you keep kids away from the fryer and keep people from throwing a football around the fryer.

Edited by eaterfan

Turkey sucks. Fried turkey sucks a bit less than oven roasted or smoked turkey. Make a Rib Eye Roast instead

Oh I do love the bone in rib eye but the wife insists on buying a 24 lb bird that she never eats the leftovers. I put my foot down years ago about no damn turkey for Christmas and spend ridiculous money on a rib eye and slow cook in the barbeque.

Oh I do love the bone in rib eye but the wife insists on buying a 24 lb bird that she never eats the leftovers. I put my foot down years ago about no damn turkey for Christmas and spend ridiculous money on a rib eye and slow cook in the barbeque.

You are a gentleman, sir

If you have a stainless steel fryer, get some Barkeep's Best Friend. You'll need it to clean the damn thing afterwards, especially if you spill over.

This is great advice. Most fry kettles are aluminum   Do NOT use a chlorine based scrub (Ajax etc) on your aluminum fry kettle, it will ruin it.

Barkeepers Friend is oxalic acid based and wont react with the aluminum and cause it to oxidize.

Brewers learn this kind of thing the hard way.

We cold smoke our turkey overnight and most of the day with apple and grape wood...and then finish in the oven to bring it up to temp. It is amazing.