• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

And in Arod news

gotbeer

Baseball is the most corrupt sport of all time. I can't stand everyone who is in control of this sport. Baseball Commissioner and the owners are all at fault here. They basically allowed steroids and PED use and the only reason they are "trying" to be good right now is because they want to show the public they care and they are doing this to A Rod in the end of his career. There is no way they would do this kind of crap to anyone who has the entire career left in baseball. I can't stand A Rod but this whole thing smells of crap. Paying someone to testify and giving him a free pass? Really? Creeps me out thinking of baseball, and how this sport is run. 

I think it has less to do with ARod being near the end of his career than it has the large amounts of dead money left on his deal. This suspension saves the Yankees somewhere north of $30 million and opens up the possibility of voiding the rest of his contract.

Baseball is the most corrupt sport of all time. I can't stand everyone who is in control of this sport. Baseball Commissioner and the owners are all at fault here. They basically allowed steroids and PED use and the only reason they are "trying" to be good right now is because they want to show the public they care and they are doing this to A Rod in the end of his career. There is no way they would do this kind of crap to anyone who has the entire career left in baseball. I can't stand A Rod but this whole thing smells of crap. Paying someone to testify and giving him a free pass? Really? Creeps me out thinking of baseball, and how this sport is run. 

ahem. hi kevin, how ya doing?

signed,

professional boxing

I think it has less to do with ARod being near the end of his career than it has the large amounts of dead money left on his deal. This suspension saves the Yankees somewhere north of $30 million and opens up the possibility of voiding the rest of his contract.

That is the elephant in the room the comissioner would rather not address. He is the guy that voided the Rangers/Red Sox deal for A-Rod that included a salary renegotiation.

Now he is helping out the Yankees a second time by going outside of the agreement on suspensions and giving not only the Yankees salary relief but even if the Yankees can't void the remainder of the contract their AAV is lessened to help them get under the luxury tax cap.

It stinks from the top. There is no failed drug test and the information the comissioner is using was bought from the suposed supplier.

That is the elephant in the room the comissioner would rather not address. He is the guy that voided the Rangers/Red Sox deal for A-Rod that included a salary renegotiation.

Now he is helping out the Yankees a second time by going outside of the agreement on suspensions and giving not only the Yankees salary relief but even if the Yankees can't void the remainder of the contract their AAV is lessened to help them get under the luxury tax cap.

It stinks from the top. There is no failed drug test and the information the comissioner is using was bought from the suposed supplier.

I can't remember a situation in MLB that smelled this bad since the last time the owners were in collusion. Selig is smart, he knows ARod is unlikeable, and that the mob mentality surrounding steroid users - especially those with huge contracts and records - is always willing to burn another witch at the stake. Just read through this thread and see it first hand. 

Isn't also funny that Selig recently announced his retirement? Perhaps he'll get a plack out in monument park?

Yup...this was about public perception...he knew going in Selig wasn't going to testify and it was as staged as everything else Arod does.

ESPN Radio made the point today that Selig has never testified in any of the cases, and to testify in this one would be to send the message that he has more of a vested interest in upholding the suspension than he did in any of the other cases. The same host said that the peocess seemed to be more to A-Roid's liking when it allowed him to play after the suspension was announced. The same process also gave the players free agency, which A-Roid has definitely benefited from. Another point is that by walking out of the hearing and vowing not to participate, A-Roid won't have to testify under oath - which he would have been anxious to do had he been telling the truth.

For those who might not believe that it was staged, explain why he had a prepared media statement immediately after he left the hearing, and why he ran to the one radio host in New York who had pretty much always been on his side and was unlikely to ask him any pointed questions. This allowed him to present his case to the public without being under oath, with no contrary evidence being presented and without anyone to challenge his answers.

If this guy is innocent, I'm the King of England.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

If this guy is innocent, I'm the King of England.

I'm not sure anyone thinks he is 'innocent.' Well ARod might believe he's innocent but that's not the point.

The point is that ARod is being singled out, worse even than Bonds was. Guys like Andy Pettite are applauded and their guilt swept under the rug because they say all the right things, but guys like Bonds and Arod are ran out of the league, and in Alex case he'll conveniently lose the record number of millions owed to him in the process. I have yet to see it demonstrated that ARod did anything worse than any of these other guys. 

ALF the climate for PED use is much different now than it was even a few years ago when Bonds was under scrutiny. Not to mention the rules and penalties are different. Pettite wasn't swept under the rug but his case, and most of the others' were nothing close to Arod or Bonds. Arod is being singled out because of his actions and the way he has conducted himself including trying to cover-up evidence. Not sure why you haven't heard about the accusations being leveled against Arod but if you're expecting details, you're not likely to get them until at least after this is all over with, if at all. The accusations are PED use, recruiting/referring other players to the "clinic" and attempting to impede the investigation. All the while an arrogant defiant price. Ya, his case could very well have a considerable impact on the remainder of his contract but I don't think there's any reason to believe that is the motive behind the penalties.

this is a goober measuring contest.  plain and simple.  My guess is that AROD's proposed suspension would have been more in line with the others had he not 'allegedly' tried to obstruct the investigation.  This, to me, seems less like a conspiracy to help the yankees and more like a message to any player that thinks they are above the league and the game. 

granted the league and Selig are culpable for prior PED use yet they have now established a process for accountibility and AROD broke the rules after that was established.  He's not being punished for prior transgressions.  He issued a challenge to major league baseball and they are not backing down. 

It sounds like the case that a fraud is trying to get before a judge will be quickly dismissed.  

Selig has no intention of standing in front of a real judge with bought and paid for testimony. This is an arbitration hearing, it is not a legal hearing. It is an internal baseball negotiation and has nothing to do with an actual court case.

He is acting like a guy that knows he can win this in a real court of law by forcing Selig to present a case with tainted evidence and refuses to be bullied by the MLB kangaroo court.

I agree. Arod is crazy enough to take this to court where Selig will have to testify. I see some good stuff coming out of this. More popcorn please.

Arbitration is a legal hearing. Its findings are legally binding. The only chance Arod would have in getting this before a federal court is if he can show the arbitrator was biased against him, didn't follow the agreed upon rules of the arbitration, or exceeded his authority. Doubtful it would ever make it to trial.

Contractually binding but is not a legal hearing in which guilt or innocence is determined. It is a negotiation where both sides can come to an agreement but if neither sides reach that the arbitration process falls apart.

A-Rod had every legal right to walk away and take his case to a real court of law since the parameters that he was working with he never had the opportunity to depose his accuser but was expected to testify. Sitting across from him was Selig's legal team but not the commissioner himself that created and promoted to the media the parameters of the suspension.

Taking into account the testimony at the arbitration hearing could be used against A-Rod in later legal proceedings, he was also within his rights to not testify against himself when facing an accuser. No defense lawyer would have agreed to that taking place.

This is not about how petulant or arrogant A-Rod is. This is about a person insuring his legal rights are protected even in an arbitration hearing and MLB knew that he was not going to participate and roll over for them.

You're wrong. Arod does not have the right to walk away. He is obligated contractually to the arbitration process and the agreed upon rules. Deciding during the process that he didn't like the process or the rules is not "well within his rights". He has no "right to face his accuser" in arbitration. There is no legal right to depose his accuser, not to mention, this isn't a deposition. Arbitration is a legally binding process. Not all legal hearings involve trial procedures or guidelines and a determination of guilt or innocence. This is a legal proceeding. Again, the only way he gets a federal trial for this is if he can establish that the arbitrator acted improperly or with undue bias in his decision. 

Arbitration is not a negotiation. You clearly do not understand arbitration. 

Well, obviously you are wrong, he walked out and the commissioner's office can't have an arrest warrant issued. They also do not win their complaint by proxy, the hearing never completed it's course. They only can bitch and complain A-Rod won't play the game and roll over for the commissioner. A-Rod has the right to take his complaint about the suspension to an actual court of law and bypass Selig's kangaroo court.

You're wrong. Arod does not have the right to walk away. He is obligated contractually to the arbitration process and the agreed upon rules. Deciding during the process that he didn't like the process or the rules is not "well within his rights". He has no "right to face his accuser" in arbitration. There is no legal right to depose his accuser, not to mention, this isn't a deposition. Arbitration is a legally binding process. Not all legal hearings involve trial procedures or guidelines and a determination of guilt or innocence. This is a legal proceeding. Again, the only way he gets a federal trial for this is if he can establish that the arbitrator acted improperly or with undue bias in his decision.

Arbitration is not a negotiation. You clearly do not understand arbitration.

Link please