• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

And in Arod news

gotbeer

Why should Selig have to testify?  Even though there are sentencing guidelines, do judges have to explain their reasoning for handing down sentences?

The facts speak for themselves here.  He cheated once and cheated again and admitted it with a tear jerk response that we now know was as sincere as a Will Farrell movie.  Then the Bosche matter comes to light and he was not only cheating (again) he was soliciting other MLB players to cheat.  Where is that sincere mea culpa about the purity of the game.

"In the entire history of the Joint Drug Agreement, the commissioner has not testified in a single case. Major League Baseball has the burden of proof in this matter," the statement read. "MLB selected Rob Manfred as its witness to explain the penalty imposed in this case. Mr. Rodriguez and the Players Association have no right to dictate how Baseball's case is to proceed any more than Baseball has the right to dictate how their case proceeds. Today's antics are an obvious attempt to justify Mr. Rodriguez's continuing refusal to testify under oath."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10007469/alex-rodriguez-rips-bud-selig-denies-using-biogenesis-supplied-peds

"In the entire history of the Joint Drug Agreement, the commissioner has not testified in a single case. Major League Baseball has the burden of proof in this matter," the statement read. "MLB selected Rob Manfred as its witness to explain the penalty imposed in this case. Mr. Rodriguez and the Players Association have no right to dictate how Baseball's case is to proceed any more than Baseball has the right to dictate how their case proceeds. Today's antics are an obvious attempt to justify Mr. Rodriguez's continuing refusal to testify under oath."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10007469/alex-rodriguez-rips-bud-selig-denies-using-biogenesis-supplied-peds

Rodriguez is not being suspended under the rules of the Joint Drug Agreement but rather under the commissioners 'best interest of baseball' clause.

Good article on the history of the Best Interest In Baseball clause

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130801&content_id=55523182&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

And really good article from Wendy Thurm at FG's about today's events: 

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/a-rod-storms-out-of-arbitration-but-relief-in-court-unlikely/

Baseball is the most corrupt sport of all time. I can't stand everyone who is in control of this sport. Baseball Commissioner and the owners are all at fault here. They basically allowed steroids and PED use and the only reason they are "trying" to be good right now is because they want to show the public they care and they are doing this to A Rod in the end of his career. There is no way they would do this kind of crap to anyone who has the entire career left in baseball. I can't stand A Rod but this whole thing smells of crap. Paying someone to testify and giving him a free pass? Really? Creeps me out thinking of baseball, and how this sport is run. 

Baseball is the most corrupt sport of all time. I can't stand everyone who is in control of this sport. Baseball Commissioner and the owners are all at fault here. They basically allowed steroids and PED use and the only reason they are "trying" to be good right now is because they want to show the public they care and they are doing this to A Rod in the end of his career. There is no way they would do this kind of crap to anyone who has the entire career left in baseball. I can't stand A Rod but this whole thing smells of crap. Paying someone to testify and giving him a free pass? Really? Creeps me out thinking of baseball, and how this sport is run. 

And the MLBPA is as pure as driven snow?  I see.

It was the players' union who wouldn't allow testing.

Completely staged by Arod and his lawyers. He was going to throw a hissy fit and storm out regardless. Selig doesn't need to confront Arod because MLB already has a representative there presenting the evidence. This is why the arbitrator disallowed the request to have Selig present. The evidence speaks for itself. Since Arod isn't getting his way, his camp decided to create a circus in an attempt to compromise MLB's credibility. Arod then conveniently goes on an Pro-Arod radio show for a staged interview. Now ARod can avoid any interview request and avoid tougher questions by saying "I already said everything on the radio". The guy has nothing more to lose and there is no consequence for lying.

Since Arod isn't getting his way, his camp decided to create a circus in an attempt to compromise MLB's credibility.

This is really the only card he has to play. From what I have heard, the evidence is overwhelming. Instead of taking the approach that the punishment is too severe in relation to similar cases, A-Roid has chosen to pursue complete vindication and elimination of the entire suspension - which is a losing strategy, IMO, but he is just arrogant enough to believe that he can pull it off.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Completely staged by Arod and his lawyers. He was going to throw a hissy fit and storm out regardless. Selig doesn't need to confront Arod because MLB already has a representative there presenting the evidence. This is why the arbitrator disallowed the request to have Selig present. The evidence speaks for itself. Since Arod isn't getting his way, his camp decided to create a circus in an attempt to compromise MLB's credibility. Arod then conveniently goes on an Pro-Arod radio show for a staged interview. Now ARod can avoid any interview request and avoid tougher questions by saying "I already said everything on the radio". The guy has nothing more to lose and there is no consequence for lying.

Agree. The best defense is a strong offense, sometimes. Which it looks like ARod's team is doing.

Yup...this was about public perception...he knew going in Selig wasn't going to testify and it was as staged as everything else Arod does.