• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obamacare individual mandate may be next to go.

a Washington Post report last weekend that the administration will consider the online marketplace a success if 80 percent of users can buy health care plans online.  

So it is a success if they can fine 20% of users because the government agencies can't get their shit together?

What if you have a refund due but you can't access the cluster**** of a webpage because it is bugged to hell?

My understanding is the penalties would be collected through your normal IRS tax return.  I presume our 1040's will have a new section on healthcare. 

From what I've read, the healthcare law was written in such a way that the IRS cannot issue tax liens like they can with other unpaid taxes.  The balance due remains on the books, however, so if you're ever entitled to a refund again, that amount could be deducted to pay for past years' healthcare penalties. 

I'm not a CPA so take that with a grain of salt. 

I don't feel like looking it up (and thus my point is pretty useless) but I do remember the "tax" collection to be how mp is describing it. They won't be able to bill you for any fee from not maintaining insurance but would be able to take it from any tax refund due. I don't recall it being called a loophole, though. I knew about that part even before the bill passed. I remember it being discussed and many considering it to be important. But I don't think they can collect without a refund due.