• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels interested in Arroyo

Scott34

Maybe it's not about Arroyo the pitcher, maybe the Mets just heard his music and decided that even they have standards.

This is reason enough why the Angels should stay away from him. I don't think he's a good pitching option for the Angels, but I also just can't stand the guy and don't want him on the team. Let him serenade someone else. 

He's made at least 32 starts every year since '05. Not my first choice but we could do have worse.

Fixed.

Disclaimer: This does not imply I am supporting signing Arroyo or even think it is a good idea.  Pitching, we need pitching.  We do not need anymore crappy pitching, we seem to be in a position of strength in that area.

They're probably laughing at his contract demands.

Arroyo would be an awesome number 4 IF he comes at the same price (or cheaper) than Vargas and IF the Angels get Tanaka.

Those are big "if's" and it is likely Arroyo ends up getting 3/36 or something of that nature.

Arroyo is a good fit. Really the last good FA fit. 

Garza would be okay, but he's likely looking for too much money for what he brings. You'd have to think he wants what Nolasco is getting. 

Ervin Santana is asking for way too much money. It'd have been nice to have him last year instead of Joe freaking Blanton and Tommy Hanson...they'd have had a rotation of Weaver, Wilson, Santana, Vargas, Williams/Richards. Who isn't okay with that? 

I know his option was expensive, at 13.2 Million, but they could've A) Signed him for two year deal, for less AAV, because he was coming off a down year. The pitcher they received back had to have TJ Surgery. Not a good swap. Considering that even if they had just exercised his option, they could be getting a compensatory pick from anyone who signs him. Now that pick goes to the Royals.

I digress. 

Arroyo makes sense because of his age (won't be looking for 4-5 year commitment), and his durability. He's also never been rumored to have been or been caught on the juice.

I also think Tanaka makes sense. They will face competition for him though. And I'd tender Williams as a backup plan in case they don't get anyone in a trade or get Tanaka.

Weaver, Wilson, Arroyo, Richards, Williams isn't bad. Weaver, Wilson, Arroyo, Richards, Tanaka is better. Still..

2/$14 with a club/vesting option for a third year. But start at 2/$10 as an initial offer.

Angels need 2 pitchers. And he may be the best cheaper contract and short contract players available.

After what Kazmir just got Arroyo would get a hernia laughing at this offer.