• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rays

After numerous conversations with player agents and other teams, Rays executive VP Andrew Friedman headed home from the GM Meetings with a better sense of potential moves, writes Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times. The Rays are looking for a first baseman, catcher, and one or two late-inning relievers. Friedman isn't sure if their next move is a trade or signing, but he "would be surprised" if nothing happened between now and the winter meetings on December 8th.

Would a package with Trumbo and Ianetta/Conger be a good place to start to land Price? Who else do you think it would take?

Angel in Texas, I would love to get Price, I just don't see us having the pieces to get him. We don't have the arms in the pen or in the rotation to actually land the guy. Now if they would accept a deal that involved Conger and Trumbo for Price then yes I would do it, I just can't see it happening.

Angel in Texas, I would love to get Price, I just don't see us having the pieces to get him. We don't have the arms in the pen or in the rotation to actually land the guy. Now if they would accept a deal that involved Conger and Trumbo for Price then yes I would do it, I just can't see it happening.

I would like to point out that Price will be making a little over $13 million this year in arbitration and probably close to $18 million next year. Clearly he has positive value but it may not be as gigantic as it seems.

If the Rays were willing to aborb the extra salary Kendrick and Trumbo would be enough to get Price for instance (just an example), in my humble opinion.

Edited by ettin

I don't see that happening either. I thought I read somewhere they weren't looking for prospects but guys with service time. I know that goes completely against what they have always done.

You read correct ... the Rays need to fill some holes in their starting lineup with MLB ready players. Trumbo fills a big need for them and is still under club control. Dipoto needs to figure out the rest of the pieces and get it done!

I thinks it's possible and I believe the Rays feel comfortable trading with us.

I hope you are right ettin. That being said there are plenty of teams that would be willing to pay 2 years and $31 million for David Price and give up the talent to get him.

It really depends on the Rays to be honest. There is new money coming in this season to all teams. If they think they can absorb another $13 million this season and if they really are looking for established MLB players we do fit as a good trade partner. If they are looking for long term controllable prospects we won't match up. I think it's the former but I'm not sure it fits our goals of getting young, controllable pitching. Don't get me wrong I like David Price but it is only 2 years and we'd be giving up 2 MLB players under control from 2-3 years in return.

Getting Price would only help us in the short term.

It really depends on the Rays to be honest. There is new money coming in this season to all teams. If they think they can absorb another $13 million this season and if they really are looking for established MLB players we do fit as a good trade partner. If they are looking for long term controllable prospects we won't match up. I think it's the former but I'm not sure it fits our goals of getting young, controllable pitching. Don't get me wrong I like David Price but it is only 2 years and we'd be giving up 2 MLB players under control from 2-3 years in return.

Getting Price would only help us in the short term.

They will be losing $13M in salary with the departure of Price and Loney. There is no doubt the Rays are looking for ML ready players to compete in a tough division. First base remains a hole right now for them.

There aren't many teams that can offer a Trumbo type player that is still under club control. I'm just not sure we have all the pieces to make it work. That's were Dipoto earns his money.

Trumbo and Longiria at the corners would be pretty awesome for the Rays.

Btw Two years of Price is better than two years without him.

Edited by Troll Daddy

The rays and Friedman seem very unlikely to be enamored by trumbos power. Last year they got more value from James loney than the halos did trumbo. Some would argue that's not true, but the rays likely wouldn't. They are well versed in finding value that doesn't cost them money or players so for them to give up a premium rotation arm for a guy who most here would agree can potentially be replaced by a well rounded unproven up and comer is unlikely at best. If we see it, they sure as shit do as well.

Zack was much more interested in the money than any thing else. I am a little surprised more pitchers aren't wanting to pitch in anaheim. Pitchers park and great SoCal weather.

plus there's not a lot of pressure. If you suck, its not like there's some young prospect coming up to take your job.