• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Official Website: Pujols says left foot is '99.9 percent healthy'

AngelsWin.com

I'm lookin forward to March when he says it feels 110% and that he hasn't felt this good since he was 25

Seriously though, hoping things really are going well. A bounceback year from his will be needed for this team to take the next step to becoming a playoff team again

Edited by bloodbrother

Before everyone gets too excited...

Albert Pujols' OPS

2009   1.101

2010   1.011

2011     .906

2012     .859

2013     .767

It's more than just the foot.

Much better with the sound off, but the 2009 version doesn't even look like the same guy. There's only a few guys in the history of the game that could generate that bat speed. However, he made adjustments for his slower bat from June-August of 2012 and put up his usual numbers (.323, 21, 63 in 71 games). Hopefully, we get to see that guy play with two healthy wheels, but I agree, it's more than just the foot.

Before everyone gets too excited...

Albert Pujols' OPS

2009   1.101

2010   1.011

2011     .906

2012     .859

2013     .767

It's more than just the foot.

While it can be a very useful research tool, keep in mind past performance is not always indicative of future performance.

Albert needs to start swinging like Albert, that's for sure.

Really looking forward to a completely healthy Albert. I don't expect those triple crown style numbers he put up in St. Louis simply because he is a bit older and runs will be driven in all around him as well with trout and josh. I truly think our offense is going to be very good this year. He also plays solid defense. Albert will not be a problem this year.

79 just wanted to troll and shit on everyone's optimism.

It's really not a good trend though. We got 5 years of steep decline for Albert in pretty much every statistic and he's not getting any younger

I don't think we'll ever see the .320 hitting, 40 HR Albert again. I'm just hoping he can put up a near .900 OPS and bat over .280 with 30-35 HR this season and for the next 3-4 more after that.