• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would you guys do this trade?

WallyWorld

Do you think people in the baseball world thought we overpaid Hamilton? Weaver? Wilson? Hell even Pujols was probably paid the going rate and was even offered more money from Florida. Blanton was an overpay and not getting more money from Toronto for Wells was an overpay as well.

Just imagine if we had given to Adrian Beltre the money that was instead wasted to acquire Vernon Wells.  We'd have no dead money on the books, a comparable payroll, and a hall-of-fame player at a position of need. 

Few transactions (or non transactions) really bother me, but that one still kills me.  The last three years could have been radically different but for that series of terrible moves.   

I can't tell you how many times I have rehashed that. This would be a completely different team. Those two moves (the one that was made and the one that wasn't) sent the franchise on a downward spiral that has yet to abate.To further aggravate the problem, if Beltre had been signed it is unlikely that Pujols and Hamilton would have been, because those were likely byproducts of the lack of production out of the Wells deal. That money may well have been spent on pitching instead.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Was talking to a friend of mine last night who is a Red Sox fan (the non a-hole variety), and this is what he proposed:

Trumbo & Bourjos for Doubront & Middlebrooks

I still think it favors Boston slightly, but on the other hand it does fill 2 gaping holes for the Angels - young SP and 3B. I think it comes down to how much one believes in Doubront's future. Both of us said we'd have a tough time parting with those players, which probably means it's a pretty fair trade.

No.

Hell no, I wouldn't do Trumbo for Middlebrooks and Doubront alone. Don't have any faith in Middlebrooks and I certainly wouldn't give up two awesome position players for one "meh" one and a decent starting pitcher

You think other teams are going to view a slugger with a career .299 OBP who plays every position he attempts rather badly and someone who has compiled a total of 1.9 WAR over the past two seasons as 'awesome'? Gee, talk about rose-colored glasses.