• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Today is the day: MVP voting

Angel Oracle

Expected.  I was hoping he'd get a few more votes than last year because the voters were different, but it is clear that the writers haven't evolved much despite the guys on MLB Network that seem to have done so, including Rosenthal and Gammons.  I think Trout gets about 1/3 of the fan vote.

It's a shame.  The best player is the most valuable player and vice versa.  Hopefully, Trout gets the "benefit of the doubt" one or two years down the road.    

I'm sick and tired of reading all these tid-bit records MLB comes up with about Trout having the "most ever" by a rookie or sophmore player, having the "best ever" by a rookie or sophmore player, and continuous comparison to the best players who've ever been a part of the game. Because none of that crap matters if he continues to get snubbed by awards. Most voting points ever, who gives a crap?  It's like "Wow look what you did, Trout! Here's your pat on the back. Now we're going to go ahead and give the award to this other guy because he went to the playoffs..." It's freakin' ridiculous.

Not to mention Cabrera is literally no match to Trouts athleticism out in the field.

I also think the voters have the mentality that its "Cabrera's time" and that Trout will have plenty of time to get MVP awards, which I'm sure he will, but that's still a bullshit reason to continue giving awards to people who are simply not the Most Valuable.

EXACTLY!!!

Hey guys I love Trout as much as the next guy but he lost the award to Cabrera who put up a triple crown season followed by another equally impressive season while playing for a very good team. It's not like we are sitting here talking about him losing to Davis this year. I agree that Trout was the better player but it's not like he got robbed horribly.

Old, out of touch white news reporters for newspapers with circulations less than the the daily viewership of AngelsWin.com revolt against the audacity of their readers abandoning them in favor of better written baseball material in sites Ike this, Fangraphs and BP.

Old white newspaper reporters are modern day Luddites that history will not look kindly on.

We need to pool competent minds together and create awards to directly compete against the sheer aggregate madness of the BBWAA.

Edited by YouthofToday

Players like McGuire, Bonds, and Sosa put baseball back on the map.

The average fan (who pay the bills) wants to see dominating pitching and offensive. They can care less about saber metrics or what a players WAR stat is.

You guys are not the average fan.

Edited by Troll Daddy

Players like McGuire, Bonds, and Sosa put baseball back on the map.

The average fan (who pay the bills) wants to see dominating pitching and offensive. They can care less about saber metrics or what a players WAR stat is.

You guys are not the average fan.

You were much better and funnier when you had some subtlety.