• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Today is the day: MVP voting

Angel Oracle

Um, I don't know how to tell you this, but that was sarcasm. 

I took the article to be more absurdist than sarcastic in that it was taking the absurdity of term value and those who argue about what value is to a logical conclusion. I thought the Phillips piece did that while the A-Rod piece didn't.

Although the piece is sarcastic as well in that it is meant to bring derision on those views that it seems to support on a surface reading.

Edited by eaterfan

@Alden_Gonzalez: Cabrera got 23 1st-place votes, Davis & Donaldson got one apiece. Vote totals: Cabrera-385, Trout-282, Davis-232, Donaldson-222, Cano-150.

@EKayAngels: Trout's 563 MVP voting points are most ever in expansion era by a player in his rookie and sophomore seasons

(prev. Pujols 498, 2001-02)

Edited by AngelsAndRamsFan

His votes:

Davis, Cabrera, Donaldson, Cano, Beltre, Pedroia, Trout, Ortiz, Encarnacion, Longoria

http://bbwaa.com/13-al-mvp/

LOL at me actually being half right

Pedroia over Trout = :( :( :(

Cano also didn't make the post-season, and he also finishes well ahead in that vote? 

Colin Cownerd discussing baseball is a genius next to Ballou. 

Edited by Angel Oracle

@Alden_Gonzalez: Cabrera got 23 1st-place votes, Davis & Donaldson got one apiece. Vote totals: Cabrera-385, Trout-282, Davis-232, Donaldson-222, Cano-150.

@EKayAngels: Trout's 563 MVP voting points are most ever in expansion era by a player in his rookie and sophomore seasons

(prev. Pujols 498, 2001-02)

I'm sick and tired of reading all these tid-bit records MLB comes up with about Trout having the "most ever" by a rookie or sophmore player, having the "best ever" by a rookie or sophmore player, and continuous comparison to the best players who've ever been a part of the game. Because none of that crap matters if he continues to get snubbed by awards. Most voting points ever, who gives a crap?  It's like "Wow look what you did, Trout! Here's your pat on the back. Now we're going to go ahead and give the award to this other guy because he went to the playoffs..." It's freakin' ridiculous.

Not to mention Cabrera is literally no match to Trouts athleticism out in the field.

I also think the voters have the mentality that its "Cabrera's time" and that Trout will have plenty of time to get MVP awards, which I'm sure he will, but that's still a bullshit reason to continue giving awards to people who are simply not the Most Valuable.

The year verlander won there was a writer that didn't have Weaver in his top five. And he won 20 games that year. Miggy is a great hitter and I can sort of understand the argument about being on a winner. But I don't understand how he won by a bigger margin than last years vote. Maybe the fact that miggy helped get a team that can't play defense or run the bases in to the ALCS show how valuable he is.

McCutchen's race to the MVP Award wasn't nearly as close, as he captured a whopping 28 of 30 first-place votes. McCutchen was an all-around threat, hitting .317/.404/.508 with 21 homers, stealing 27 bases, scoring 97 runs and providing a strong (+8.4 UZR.150) glove in center field -- he generated 8.2 WAR according to both Fangraphs and Baseball Reference. He becomes the first Pirate to win the MVP since Barry Bonds in 1992.

Diamondbacks first baseman Paul Goldschmidt finished second in the balloting despite not receiving any first-place votes. Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina received those other two firsts and finished in third place, followed by teammate Matt Carpenter in fourth and Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman in fifth place.