• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A Yankee LOL

gotbeer

That is the dumbest rule I've ever seen. I would hate to play for that tight-ass organization.

When the Yankees and Red Sox played in the 2004 ALCS, the announcers made a big deal about the appearances of the players on the two squads, how the Yankees looked so "professional" when they built a 3-0 lead in the series. Then the scruffy Red Sox won four straight.

I don't really care for the rule to be honest.  But what I do love is tradition.  So if the Yankees and I think the Reds also have this rule in place, want to stick to their traditions, I have no problem with it.  Where I work we have a no facial hair policy that use to extend to everyone in the organization.  A few years ago, our maintenance department was allowed to grow facial hair, and now some of the office staff have facial hair.  I'll be honest, I would love to grow a goatee, mainly because I have worked here since before I could grow facial hair, so I am kind of jealous.  But seeing the maintenance guys working with facial hair while we are serving our customers, just seems kind of wrong, traditionally speaking. 

A company can set any dress code they want to. I have no problem with it at all. No one is forcing a signature one way or the other. It's not like we are asking someone to change religions, change skin color or remove tattoos. I remember years ago the dodgers had a no beard policy but gave a pass to to Pedro Guerrero and then again for Kirk Gibson. The Yankees have done things the Yankee way for years and it is hard to argue with their success.

Pedro, Cey, Reuss and Gibson only had mustaches, none of them had beards, although Gibson always had a 5 o'clock shadow.

Thurmon Munson and Goose Gossage both had a handlebar mustache back in the day. Munson even has a baseball card where he has a full beard. Then Steinbrenner cracked down in the seventies and everyone had to go clean shaven.

Clemens, Giambi and even Damon shaved off his beard and mane to play for the Yankees. Obviously Wilson would rather keep his style before pocketbook. With 28 other teams to play for I don't think it will be an issue for him to get a job.