• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Heyman: Halos reluctant to move Trumbo

bloodbrother

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-heyman/24227144/interest-is-huge-in-trumbo-but-the-angels-are-trying-not-to-trade-him

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Mark Trumbo, a 30-homer hitter, is by far the Angels' most coveted player in trade. They could solve some of their pitching issues if they would trade Trumbo.

However, the Angels are very reluctant to deal him.

Of all their players being talked about in trade, he's the one they most want to keep.

Erick Aybar, Howie Kendrick, Peter Bourjos and Chris Iannetta also are getting a fair number of trade inquiries. Trumbo is their big catch. But he's the one who would hurt most.

"He fits us," says an Angels-connected person.

I don't believe the Angels are posturing about how they feel about Mark Trumbo. They believe there is still plenty of growth potential for Trumbo as a player. I'm sure Don Baylor would love to work with him.

I believe other teams view him the same way ... which makes him a very good trade candidate.

I wish Trumbo could play third base ... wouldn't that be nice.

The funny thing is that even though I have serious doubts as to Heyman's actual contacts within the Angels organization, he really didn't say anything in this article everyone doesn't already know. We know the Angels have to make a choice, we know power hitters are at a premium and we know Trumbo is a local product. Glossy it up however you want, what matters is Heyman just wrote a fancy article about nothing but regurgitated information and passed it off as his own intellect.

If Trumbo doesn't improve further in 2014, then he isn't going to after that.   

He's 28 in January, and is pretty much the player he will always be in his prime.

It's like he can't sustain success beyond a couple of months without going into a wretched slump.

He will look solid, taking enough pitches and hammering the ones in his zone.   Then suddenly, he either takes strikes or swings at garbage pitch after garbage pitch.

It's like his focus disappears for large chunks of games.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Trading Trumbo would be the best thing that ever happened to Trumbo. Pujols and Hamilton have changed a lot about how Mark Trumbo has progressed as a player.

Trumbo, is why he hasn't progressed as a player.  Don't look now but Figgins got switched around from place to place, nobody made excuses for him because nobody needed to,  

Mark Trumbo is a trick pony.  People just love that one trick.

Guess something is still a "false" stat after all...

So much for being saber inclined Mr. Dipoto. 

Edited by Inside Pitch

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-heyman/24227144/interest-is-huge-in-trumbo-but-the-angels-are-trying-not-to-trade-him

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Mark Trumbo, a 30-homer hitter, is by far the Angels' most coveted player in trade. They could solve some of their pitching issues if they would trade Trumbo.

However, the Angels are very reluctant to deal him.

Of all their players being talked about in trade, he's the one they most want to keep.

Erick Aybar, Howie Kendrick, Peter Bourjos and Chris Iannetta also are getting a fair number of trade inquiries. Trumbo is their big catch. But he's the one who would hurt most.

Most on this board will disagree with this assessment.

Trumbo, is why he hasn't progressed as a player.  Don't look now but Figgins got switched around from place to place, nobody made excuses for him because nobody needed to,  

Mark Trumbo is a trick pony.  People just love that one trick.

So much for being saber inclined Mr. Dipoto. 

IP I really just think this is posturing to raise his price. Dipoto and the rest of the GM's know that power hitters are in short supply and he is just playing to those concerns to extract value. The last administration didn't do this from what I recall?

Also I think Trumbo's personality and play style does fit the Angels mold, it's just that he is, as you said, a one trick pony that isn't a multi-dimensional asset for the team.

IP I really just think this is posturing to raise his price. Dipoto and the rest of the GM's know that power hitters are in short supply and he is just playing to those concerns to extract value. 

Gotta hope that's the case...   But if its true they refused to move him at the ASB last year and keep him over a guy like Kendrick, it will add to the questionable decisions.

Gotta hope that's the case...   But if its true they refused to move him at the ASB last year and keep him over a guy like Kendrick, it will add to the questionable decisions.

Oh yes I certainly agree that Trumbo is a goner. That is why he is involved in virtually all of my Hot Stove Trade Speculation articles. His time is short for this club barring some trade of other assets that extracts a lot of value.