• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LA Times: Yasiel Puig among Dodgers drawing interest on trade market

AngelsWin.com

Teams have asked about the availability of the right fielder, along with fellow outfielders Matt Kemp, Andre Ethier and Carl Crawford, at the general managers' winter meetings.

ORLANDO, Fla. — Yasiel Puig, Matt Kemp, Andre Ethier and Carl Crawford have drawn interest on the trade market over the first two days of the general managers' meetings.N5g-2tKVcc8

View the full article

although this report doesn't mean jack, it would speak volumes about the internal issues trying to control this guy if they even entertained the idea of trading him.  Maybe they know he likes it in LA and the threat of trading him might calm him down. He's been at every Laker home game so far and seems to love the limelight. 

Just because he has he same skin pigment...

The two ayers are hardly anything alike. Ridiculous assertion.

Uh, no.

What I meant was both guys have significant personality defects that overshadow their tremendous talent.  There's no doubt in my mind Puig will get bounced around from team to team, and probably be done with MLB well before his skills erode.  Just like Milton Bradley. 

Uh, no.

What I meant was both guys have significant personality defects that overshadow their tremendous talent.  There's no doubt in my mind Puig will get bounced around from team to team, and probably be done with MLB well before his skills erode.  Just like Milton Bradley.

I think YOT is trying to say that Puig is an imposter.

Uh, no.

Milton Bradley was a pyscho. Puig isn't nearly as bad as Bradley, plus he has higher upside than Bradley, and he sells a lot of t-shirts. Puig is just too valuable to trade away at the moment. If Puig still has some problems in a few years, yeah, maybe then you deal him, but you have give him more time considering his potential.

You think TB wants that Puig contract with only half a season under his belt? Or is that contract do-able for them

I have no idea what their spending cap is but if they are trading Price not sure they can do any better than Puig even with his contract. I really doubt dodgers can trade Puig with the fanfare he created last year. 

Milton Bradley was a pyscho. Puig isn't nearly as bad as Bradley, plus he has higher upside than Bradley, and he sells a lot of t-shirts. Puig is just too valuable to trade away at the moment. If Puig still has some problems in a few years, yeah, maybe then you deal him, but you have give him more time considering his potential.

When Puig was first called up, they mentioned on a Dodgers broadcast that he has a team-assigned "mentor" or "coach" that travels with him everywhere he goes.  They said it was to help Puig get acclimated to life in the big leagues.  In other words, Puig, a 22-year old grown man, needs a full-time babysitter even in the dugout where he's surrounded by a couple dozen players and coaches. 

I wouldn't want a guy like Puig if he volunteered to play for free...