• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Supporting the Troops

Adam

Not to mention it doesn't really matter who they were or why they joined.  The fact is, what they go through once they get there is what makes up the sacrifice.

First you go through basic training, then tech school.  Neither of which is pleasant.  You get paid pennies.  Then you get deployed somewhere, if you are lucky not the middle east.  After four years you can come back home.  Try to reconnect with family and friends that you haven't seen for four years.  Unless you were injured, then you get to spend your days in pain, begging the VA to treat you.  While reaping your chapter 2 injury settlement of peanuts.

One thing that is a trip, I worked on a temp basis many years ago with a dude that was blown up in a tank. The PTSD that dude had was nuts. I never saw outrageous bursts, just once with upper management, but he was just off and different. I feel sorry for those dudes. This guy had all sorts of psych issues.