• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

bucbrett

Since I have a thread in the NHL forum (created by Angelduck) about my mostly terrible hockey team, I figured I'd start one about my NFL team. This way all of my ranting and Doug Martin worshipping can be contained in one thread. Don't call him Muscle Hamster. Seriously. He hates it.

Today, as also stated in the Niners thread, Mark Dominik signed Dashon Goldson to a 5 year, 41.25 million dollar deal with 22 million of the contract guaranteed. According to 620 WDAE in Tampa, the Bucs have told Ronde Barber that, should he decide to come back, they will sign him but he would be a nickel corner. If Ronde decides to keep playing and wants to start elsewhere, I'd like to see him reunited with Raheem Morris in Washington. Ronde and Raheem were very close when Morris was head coach in Tampa.

I look forward to five years of the Goldson and Barron duo working together. I also look forward to five years of Buc fans botching the name Dashon Goldson into names like Desean Goldstone and Deshawn Goldsten. One caller on the radio show I listened to today repeatedly called Ronde "Rodney."

Today the Bucs signed Kevin Ogletree, best known for his 2 TD, 114 yard receiving effort against the Giants on opening night of the 2012 NFL season.  He followed this up by making you realize that you wasted your time running to the waiver wire to get him on your fantasy team.

Bucs are "losing patience" with the Jets in negotiating for Darrelle Revis, according to the NY Post. The Bucs are the only team interested in trading for Revis and are unwilling to give up the 13th pick in the draft. I'm not really sure what Mark Dominik expected. If you're going to deal with the circus you've gotta expect them to act like clowns.

I say let the Jets choke on Revis and go spend a third of the cash he'd cost on Brent Grimes instead.

• 1 month later...

Buccaneers acquire Darrelle Revis from the Jets.  Bucs send the Jets the following:

2013 1st round pick (13th overall)

2014 conditional 4th round pick that becomes a 3rd if Revis is on the Bucs roster on the 3rd day of the league year in 2014

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to recognize the retirement of one of my favorite football players ever- Ronde Barber. Lifelong Buc and the only corner with at least 20 sacks and 20 INT's. He will end his career with 28 total sacks and 47 INT's.

I'll never forget sitting in Veterans Stadium on January 19, 2003 and seeing Ronde seal the NFC Championship with his 92 yard INT TD on Donovan McNabb.

I heard a couple months back that the Bucs basically told him they would bring him back, but he wouldn't be a starter. This was the organization's way of avoiding the Derrick Brooks debacle, where they simply cut him, enraging Bucs fans everywhere that they'd treat a legend like that.

Hopefully in five years Ronde is being fitted for his Hall of Fame jacket.

So your a Bucs fan hey...

Let me introduce you to the man who runs sh!t in the NFC South...

Mr. Cam Newton!

Debating whether to fly down to the thursday night game in Tampa or drive down to minny to see the Panthers. But i try to see them play atleast once a year.

Ill leave you with a question though, during which week this year do you think Glennon takes over?

Ha!  Believe me I'm not thrilled about having to see Cam twice a year for the next decade.  Not.  At.  All.

I'm really rooting for Josh Freeman to earn a contract extension.  I don't care what Mark Dominik and Greg Schiano say publicly, drafting Glennon was a message to Freeman going into the final year of his contract.  Glennon was recruited by Schiano as well, so there's that little twist to this potential QB controversy if Freeman can't cut down on the INT's.  Again, I'm a Freeman fan, but honestly I think it's a very real possibility Mike Glennon is the starting QB in Tampa in 2014 if Josh Freeman doesn't get this team to the playoffs this season.

I honestly love what the Bucs have done to surround Freeman with weapons and give him all the chances in the world to succeed. I agree this is a make or break year for him. I was really hoping Carolina would make a run at VJax, smitty isnt getting younger and LaFell is definetly not a #1 or even #2 reciever for that sake.

I love the Goldson signing. Barron and Goldson are both big hitters, however both have question marks in coverage. If Revis stays healthy they should have one of the best secondary's in football.

But yeah, Freeman has games where he looks great and then has his wtf games. If the good Freeman shows up this year, the Bucs should make some serious noise.

At least you have some hope. I'm a Jags fan, and even with the worst record in the league, they couldn't get the #1 pick. Haven't had a good QB since Mark Brunell, no decent WR since Jimmy Smith, defense is a joke...

At least they got rid of Gene Smith, the idiot GM who took a punter in the third round a year ago (a round before the Seahawks took Russell Wilson) and canned Jack Del Rio. Smith is the Matt Millen of his time. Probably no one in the game has blown more high draft picks.

I was so happy when Carolina took Cam over Blame Gabbert. Gabbert's awful and doesn't look like he'll ever be a decent qb in the NFL.

If Blackmon get his sh!t together and they don't end up trading him i think he can become a number 1 reciever.

The Jags drafted my fav player in the draft this year, Jonathan Cyprien. He can ballhawk and lay down the big hit if needed. But with all that said i fully expect Jax to be in a position to draft Clowney or Bridgewater next season.

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to recognize the retirement of one of my favorite football players ever- Ronde Barber. Lifelong Buc and the only corner with at least 20 sacks and 20 INT's. He will end his career with 28 total sacks and 47 INT's.

I'll never forget sitting in Veterans Stadium on January 19, 2003 and seeing Ronde seal the NFC Championship with his 92 yard INT TD on Donovan McNabb.

I heard a couple months back that the Bucs basically told him they would bring him back, but he wouldn't be a starter. This was the organization's way of avoiding the Derrick Brooks debacle, where they simply cut him, enraging Bucs fans everywhere that they'd treat a legend like that.

Hopefully in five years Ronde is being fitted for his Hall of Fame jacket.

Just starting to get into NFL mode now that the NY Rangers are done, and so are the Angels.

Ronde was great, but always overshadowed by the POS brother of his. Tiki was great on the field, but that is where it ended.

I never heard much about Ronde's off the field persona. How was he?

Def HOF material

Well, I guess that the best evidence I have to offer in terms of Ronde being a good guy is that, even in this day and age of media knowing every detail of an athlete's life, you can't find a negative word about Ronde. He was very well liked off the field and had the reputation of a quiet leader in the locker room. I think that's what the team will miss most- having that knowledge and experience that these young guys in the secondary can learn from. He wasn't a Ray Lewis type with a Knute Rockne pregame speech every week. Ronde was a leader by example both on and off the field and that's all the Bucs and we fans could ask. The off field activities of Talib when he was a Buc and then Eric Wright being suspended last year make me appreciate Ronde even more. I miss him already.

*hopes Ronde doesn't leave pregnant wife for intern*

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Doug Martin left tonight's preseason game after taking a knee to the head while throwing a block.

Waiting to hear some news so that my balls may return from my stomach to their normal state. Now if you'll pardon me I need to get back to my candlelight vigil.